Problems with Minx peeling?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fewleh

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just stumbled across the forum whilst looking for some help on minx nails...I've read all the other threads on Minx...with peoples attempts and comments...but I thought i'd try and get some more advice.

We had a creative demo (from Keaton) of how to apply the nails..but he didn't seem all that sure himself; since practising, we get some great results, but they never seem to stay down for more than 5 days, before the end starts lifting?

Has anyone else been finding this to be true, and if so, have you found a better method / a way of rectifying the problem??

Look forward to your ideas! Thankyou guys, great forum :biggrin:

Hi there, are you stretching your minx? If you stretch it too much it will tend to shrink back and that is when it start to peel back. I have found that just gently pulling it taut works far better. As you work more and more with it you get into your own way of working with it.

hth a bit:)

Last edited:
Hi guys, I just stumbled across the forum whilst looking for some help on minx nails...I've read all the other threads on Minx...with peoples attempts and comments...but I thought i'd try and get some more advice.

We had a creative demo (from Keaton) of how to apply the nails..but he didn't seem all that sure himself; since practising, we get some great results, but they never seem to stay down for more than 5 days, before the end starts lifting?

Has anyone else been finding this to be true, and if so, have you found a better method / a way of rectifying the problem??

Look forward to your ideas! Thankyou guys, great forum :biggrin:

Remember that Minx will never last as long on fingers as on toes (up to 6 weeks)... but to be honest I wouldn't want them lasting longer than a week because I want my customers coming back to choose different designs.

If you are Minxing over enhancements you need to go one size bigger with the Minx coating because you have to remember the apex on an enhanced nail is higher than our normal flat natural nails.

The slight stretch over the free edge also helps but I must stress the 'slight' stretch. Also log onto Sweet Squared and go to Minx and click on the training link... the video with Tom will help you! :idea:

What lamp are you Minx users using? Did you get the 350 kit...or are you using a different lamp? Please let me know...I am trying to decide if I really need to buy the 350 kit for the lamp.

Thanks

Dominica

What lamp are you Minx users using? Did you get the 350 kit...or are you using a different lamp? Please let me know...I am trying to decide if I really need to buy the 350 kit for the lamp.

Thanks

Dominica

Dominica I have answered your PM. Be smart and do it PROPERLY! The US Minx Kit comes with Minx and the Infrared lamp. It is the lamp that is the 'power tool' behing how Minx works! If you are charging $40/$50 for Minx how quickley are you going to make back your $350!! - pretty quickely I would say!

Shame you couldn't have got Minx for Christmas... our UK Minxes have been doing phenominal business with them!!

Hey there I have a question about training. I noticed that when I purchased everything it said I was Level one. How do I get more training? I contacted minxs's and I haven't heard anything....like how do I become a Master Minxer? Also have you purchased or have you seen and Minx marketing material? Like to put at my shop so that I might be able to advertise more?

Hey there I have a question about training. I noticed that when I purchased everything it said I was Level one. How do I get more training? I contacted minxs's and I haven't heard anything....like how do I become a Master Minxer? Also have you purchased or have you seen and Minx marketing material? Like to put at my shop so that I might be able to advertise more?

We only deal with the UK. All I can say is contact Dawn at [email protected] :!:

Latest posts

Back