Products and styling for Frizzy Hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oakbrook

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

I just wondered if any of you guys could help me. I have recently qualified as a beauty therapist and I also passed a course for bridal hair so I have started to do bridal hair and makeup. I have a lady that has booked in with me and I am not able to do a trial with her as she lives miles away from me and the wedding is only in a few weeks, in my area.

My bride has really curly frizzy hair, but she wants it curled with tongs, I guess to give it more structure. I am a bit confused, firstly if this is the right thing to do with curly hair, should I just use really good products to define the curl, rather than curling it? Secondly, can any one recommend products that would be best to use to tame it?

Would really appreciate any help!!!

Rebecca

what products did you use on your course? Coz theres so many out there, high street, pro products, high end low end cost price etc. It always depends on the hair type, i use firming sprays, holding gels, hairspray, serums, moulding waxes i find that each one is great to have as a must have in your kit. So you're prepared for whoever wants their hair done, also during trials i know how tenacious the hair is so use products according! hths xoxo

Hi, thanks so much for your reply.

The course I did at college was a bridal hair course and I just used whatever products I had. The college didnt supply a particular brand. I have been using Wella High Hair Crystal Styler as I usually seem to be either curling hair or doing up do's.

This is why this lady has throuwn me as its the first time I have had a lady with very curly/ frizzy hair!!

I really appreciate your help!
Rebecca :rolleyes:

Hey, I have used good old Frizz Ease serum and Umberto Gianni Shine Spray for YEARS now, it is the only thing that seems to make my thick fuzzy hair a bit tame! Honestly this is the only combination that works on me and wouldn't try anything else now.

Apply 3/4 drops of serum on the bottom half of WET hair, blowdry and straighten/curl.

Spray the shine spray at the end and run thru with your fingers. You'll find the spray makes hair 'calm and slinky' and super-soft.

As for the serum, make doubly sure that hair is properly wet - if you apply when damp/toweldry it will just become a greasy stodgy mess.

Not always a fan of pro products, different strokes for different folks i guess :)

Hey, thanks so much. Its great to get advice from someone who has the same problem! I am happy to go and buy a few different products to make sure her hair looks right as I am that worried! when you have put the Frizz Ease serum on do you blow dry your hair straight and then curl your hair?
thanks for your help!

I have very curly hair, for my wedding day my hairdresser advised to curl it as it would hold better and give a better style.

She did a wash and blow dry then used ghd's to curl and then I had it styled half up and down. It held brilliantly. Curly hair is great but sometimes it can have a life of it's own so it's best to style it.

I am a massive fan of L'oreal liss control cream which is really good for smoothing the hair!

Hope that helps

Xx

Hi guys

Sorry its taken me a couple of days to get back to you. Thanks to all of you for great advice. I feel a lot happier about it all now!!

Thanks Rebecca

we had the new Matrix sleek range in last week, which is great for curly, straight or frizzy hair,. and the customer price for a large shampoo is £4.95 and the conditioner goes out to at £4.95 and the feedback so far has been amazing and i personally like the new silk wonder oil, so GREAT

i have very curly hair that frizz, but i am a tigi range fan and i find foxy curls wonderful.
sazza xx

Latest posts

Back