Products to use for fine thinning poker straight hair!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

candis

Reaction score
Hi geeks
I'm doing my mother in laws hair for her daughters wedding in June and she has poker straight hair which is very fine and quite thin , it's a nightmare to do and never hold a style for very long.... However needless to say it HAS to on the wedding day and it has to withstand a hat also!!!

So I need recommendations for a product that will give texture and hold ALL day! Does such a product actually exist lol
I have done a brides hair before where her mother returned from her regular hairdressers and they had used a dust (not dust it) and then sprayed it and it was literally rock hard and looked amazing shiny full of texture and would have withstood a hurricane haha
She did have thick hair though so worried this may be too heavy for mil hair but we have 5 months to experiment
Would really appreciate any ideas u have
Thank you xx

When u shampoo her hair, don't use conditioner, put volume mouse,dry it 80% in ur comp twist the roots while ur putting the hairdryer on the comb, the roots will lift that way, after dry her hair completely and in a curling tone do a set and put a small pin in each section u did, ps the section shouldn't be too thick, good luck!

When u shampoo her hair, don't use conditioner, put volume mouse,dry it 80% in ur comp twist the roots while ur putting the hairdryer on the comb, the roots will lift that way, after dry her hair completely and in a curling tone do a set and put a small pin in each section u did, ps the section shouldn't be too thick, good luck!

Conditioner won't do anything! It will simply make the hair dull if you don't condition it, their are conditioners out their for body and volume that contain panthenol that strengthen and plump the hair to make it thicker.

Ok great well ATM we use the fat head shampoo and thickening spray and I believe she has stopped using xonsitioner as she found it made her hair to soft x

Ok great well ATM we use the fat head shampoo and thickening spray and I believe she has stopped using xonsitioner as she found it made her hair to soft x

The best volumiser ive found is loreal. Serie expert volume expand shampoo which has a conditioner too but i find the age densiforce masque lighter :) i know theyre expensive and the range isnt always value for money but i believe the volumising ones are :)

What about using the l'oreal fibercutic ...'Botox for hair ' it's AMAZING and lasts for about 10 washes ... Google it :)

What about using the l'oreal fibercutic ...'Botox for hair ' it's AMAZING and lasts for about 10 washes ... Google it :)

I forgot about fiber ceutic! This is definately the way to go!!

I forgot about fiber ceutic! This is definately the way to go!!

Ohh I forgot about this!! Was their a shampoo? I only use the treatment in a salon a few times, that's the only backwash loreal item we were allowed!x

Ohh I forgot about this!! Was their a shampoo? I only use the treatment in a salon a few times, that's the only backwash loreal item we were allowed!x

i dont think there was a shampoo, but i know they retail masques for clients to help prolong the effect...i think i used to use the force vector shampoo before i did the treatment or the volume expand, depending on the hair type ofcourse...amazing stuff, i miss it!

Sebastian 'volupt' spray is a huge seller for fine haired clients where I work,they love it, they also do a 'thickify' foam, there products intermix beautifully 'whipped cream mouse' is lovely top, it is really light and easy to blowdry with...hence the name whipped cream.. Aveda do a little pot of root booster granules wich are very light and I know a few stylist who swear by them....

Thank you
I will google them all later xx

Latest posts

Back