Professional Beauty Insurance Question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caz3

Reaction score
Looking through the Warranties and it say's that the insured must check that the client is not allergic to acrylics,plastics prior to applying false nails or nail extensions.

How would this be done? other than asking the client if he or she is?

I used to do Hair and you would do a skin test on the client and then they would go home and leave for 24 hours.

Caz xxx:biggrin:

I just wonder if anyone can answer this! 11 people so far have had a look and no answers.

Maybe I need to wait until tonight untill more of you come on line :)

Thanks

Caz xxx

Im just guessing here, but I think you only need ask them and then get the client to sign to say they have answered the question, then you should be covered.

Sorry can't be 100 percent just trying to help! :)

Hi,

on your client consultation you would be asking the client if they have any allergies.... also, ask the client if they have had any enhancements put on before, what they had, when, and of course if they had any reaction to the product. If they are filling out the form and you have double checked these points verbally with your client and you have both signed the form - then you have done your job. I read a thread a short while ago, and from memory, sorry if im wrong here but just trying to help - geeg replied to it and did say about a patch test being no good for nails.... for example if you blobbed momomer on a person for 24 hr patch test.... most peeps would have a reaction to this, they would get a red patch. Also, it takes time to build up an allergic reaction to a product, so follow your training and don't overexpose you or client as normal.
hth - x

Thanks girls for getting back to me this is what I thought it is not an easy question to answe as if they have never had L&P on there nails they would not know would they?

But I feel better now that you are saying much the same as I thought.

caz3 said:
Thanks girls for getting back to me this is what I thought it is not an easy question to answe as if they have never had L&P on there nails they would not know would they?

But I feel better now that you are saying much the same as I thought.

No they wouldn't know... if they have never had enhancements on before, ever, then as far as they and you are concerned they are not allergic are they. You can only answer to the best of you knowledge and so can they. Just do everything to cover yourself. Good luck x x :biggrin:

Latest posts

Back