Professional Nails Insurance. My Concern Is............

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
After I trained on the product I use eight months ago, I insured myself with Professional Nails. It has been niggling in my brain but now really bothers me that Prof Nails never asked for copies of my certificate of training. They don't know me from Adam and have no proof that I have trained in gel, extensions, mani/pedi etc. All I had to do was fill in a form and post it to them with my money which included a little extra for the magazine. Has this been anyone elses experience?

Hiya

when i originally trained with star nails my trainer (who was fantastic) said that often the insurance companies only ask for copies of your certificates if a claim is made against you or you make a claim. Not sure if this correct !;)

When I insured with ANT they wanted to see a copy of my certificate before the would insure me. which seems only right to me.

With PB you need to comfirm with them that they recognise your training to be covered by their insurance, the onus is on you to get it clarified.

Sassy Hassy said:
With PB you need to comfirm with them that they recognise your training to be covered by their insurance, the onus is on you to get it clarified.
Okay, I am been really slow here but had some wine in a pub at lunchtime with Jac Extreme, kitten and ShanP so you will excuse that the grey matter is dull tonight. By BP you mean........?

That's why the onus is on the therapist/technician....and that's how they can keep the permiums down, so charlatans, getting insurance from them would be stuffed if they tried to make a claim, unqualified.

Mrs.Clooney said:
Okay, I am been really slow here but had some wine in a pub at lunchtime with Jac Extreme, kitten and ShanP so you will excuse that the grey matter is dull tonight. By BP you mean........?

Sorry Professional Beauty, I have the full cover, rather than just nails! Sounds like you had fun!

Sassy Hassy said:
Sorry Professional Beauty, I have the full cover, rather than just nails! Sounds like you had fun!
I dunno. I can't remember, Hic! But Thanks Sass, Hic!

PB told me over the phone that if I make a claim this is when they would want to see my certificates.
Caz xxx

What I have wondered about is what records I need to keep to keep them happy!?
I mean I would hate to make a claim; only to find that coz I dont get my cliet to sign x y z I am not covered!

NoticeableNails said:
I mean I would hate to make a claim; only to find that coz I dont get my cliet to sign x y z I am not covered!

it should say it in small print on the back of the certificate

i've got the professional beauty full cover. they asked me on the phone about my qualifications and said that i didn't need to send in copies unless they needed them for a claim.

cat xx

Been Looking Through The Insurance Policy Document From Pb And It Just Says That The Insured Must Hold The Relevant Certificates And Qualifications For Treatments.
Under Nail Cover It Says We Must Make Sure Client Is Not Allergic To Acrylics Or Plastics Prior To Treatment. I Couldn't Find Anything On The Policy About Client Record Cards Being Kept. I Know That On The Client Record Cards I Have It Doesn't Ask About Allergies Maybe This Is Something I Should Add On The Bottom As An Extra.

NoticeableNails said:

You raise a valid point here. What is starting to bother me more is the senario which occurs frequently with insurance companies. I'm sure this will start ringing alarm bells with some of you and it goes something like this:- Joe Bloggs makes a claim and he is told that because he did not fill in XYZ or make ABC perfectly clear, then his insurance cover is invalid and they cannot pay him out However, the insurers are happy to take your monthy or annual premiums and bank the dosh which you never get back if your insurance was never worth the paper it was written on in the first place. I understand that it is our resposibility to see that we cross the T's and dot the I's but there is always a loophole that stops them having to pay out. In the worst senario, this could even be the case if a claim is made against us as techs and our insurance doesn't cover us.

Mrs.Clooney said:
You raise a valid point here. What is starting to bother me more is the senario which occurs frequently with insurance companies. I'm sure this will start ringing alarm bells with some of you and it goes something like this:- Joe Bloggs makes a claim and he is told that because he did not fill in XYZ or make ABC perfectly clear, then his insurance cover is invalid and they cannot pay him out However, the insurers are happy to take your monthy or annual premiums and bank the dosh which you never get back if your insurance was never worth the paper it was written on in the first place. I understand that it is our resposibility to see that we cross the T's and dot the I's but there is always a loophole that stops them having to pay out. In the worst senario, this could even be the case if a claim is made against us as techs and our insurance doesn't cover us.

This is exactly what I was getting at but put far more eliquantly! :D
I think what would have been good would maybe a little booklet or leaflet, stating what is needed for your cover to be valid and exactly what you are covered for.
I mean I took insurance out as I want to be a responsible tech, and its there for "just in case", I went with PB as it was a resonable price, but at the end of the day I'm not entirly sure what I am coverd for and if I am meeting their needs???

NoticeableNails said:
This is exactly what I was getting at but put far more eliquantly! :D
I think what would have been good would maybe a little booklet or leaflet, stating what is needed for your cover to be valid and exactly what you are covered for.
I mean I took insurance out as I want to be a responsible tech, and its there for "just in case", I went with PB as it was a resonable price, but at the end of the day I'm not entirly sure what I am coverd for and if I am meeting their needs???

Surely I am not alone in this thought?:confused: :irked: ;)

NoticeableNails said:
Surely I am not alone in this thought?:confused: :irked: ;)
We stand united on this one Jo. Would be nice to know what others think?

I am also insured with PB and read all their policy gumf. Basically you need to hold all relevant certificates with reputable companies. You need to have client cards filled in for all clients stateing what treatments are done from the beginning and including all regular treatments. This way if you have advised against something to your client which they chose to ignore, then got an infection and try to claim, you have back up with your clients card to state otherwise.

The onus is on the you the technician to make sure you are coveered for what you need. Any questions you have just phone the insurance company and they should provide all your answers. HTH's

Latest posts

Back