psoriasis

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdaly

Reaction score
could i have your advice i am going to do a lady and her sisters nail they both have psoriasis is there any precaution i have to do first .thank you :rolleyes:

Is the psoriasis affecting the nails or the skin?

Psoriasis is just skin cells being replaced too quickly. In many of the psoriasis text books the dermatoligists say a good way to cover up is to have nail enhancements. Its not contagious so as long as the client is happy to have them done, go for it!

(by the way I'm not a psoriasis geek, but my sister works for the psoriasis association so she told me!):D

If the psoriasis is in the nails, I really think that your decision whether to apply enhancements or not lies in the degree of psoriasis she has in her nails.

The severity of the condition can go from mild pitting to extreme onycholysis....you should know when you look at the nails whether enhancements would be a viable treatment, if you're not sure, don't do the enhancements.

:green: i have phorsis sorry about the spelling i have had it for 9 years got rid of it on my body but still have it in my toe and finger nails my toes i find it better to keep them nice and short but my nails i have had enchanments on now for nearly 3 years and i have not had a problem nd i have nail separtion as well i find mine with a french u can see when the nail plate has come away but it doesnt affect the enchancment at all and i dont have mine really short nor do i have em long just in between size i was told to use pure tea tree oil on them just use a cotton bud dip it in and swipe under each nail affected morning and night and you should see an improvment other wixe doctors can give use a steriod to help .... i hope this helps u out:green:

my mom's got it on her body but it doesn't affect her nails and her enhancements are fine, in fact, they last longer than anyone else's i do

thank you for your advice .merrychristmas!

i knew a tutor at colllege who had it on her skin and she always used
coaltar soap, i dunno if it atually works but she said it did , hth

dee said:
i knew a tutor at colllege who had it on her skin and she always used
coaltar soap, i dunno if it atually works but she said it did , hth

think it does. my sister gets it in her hair sometimes and uses polytar shampoo, same sort of thing.

i have to use medicine that is treated for cancer patients but emu oil ,hemp cream and tropical lotions , fat creams ,cow utter cream that they use for the cows teats u name it i have used it

Hemp products are very effective on Psoriasis and Eczema on the skin- they have a similar molecular structure as the oils present on your skin so are easily accepted and absorbed.
Something I havent tried but would bet my bottom dollar on working would be Solar Oil.

I have psoriasis which flares up at when I am run down or stressed, when it was at its worst my Doctor recommended I have a few sunbed sessions. Having never been on a sunbed before I was very sceptical and thought I would just end up with worse skin. After 4 or 5 short sessions the improvement the UV made was amazing. I am anti-sunbeds and havent done it again as the psoriasis hasnt come back as bad but would def. consider it if it did.

HTH
KxXx

Both me and my mum have psoriosis mine does not affect my nails but my mums does.we both have enhancements and my mums last longer than anyones.never had any probs with enhancements on psoriosis clients.

Latest posts

Back