Puri-tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WIDY

Reaction score
For those of you out there please do not send any money to this firm . They advertise as being poole in dorset . When in fact this is a company called .
Ukpostbox.com whom collect post for puri-tan and have stopped trading with them due to unpaid bills.
Any emails or phone calls are not answered by them. Yet this web site is still operating.
So please be careful when ordering your spray tanning solutions etc .

I have been told that Puri-tan (Ethos Beauty Supplies & Services LTD T/A Puri-tan) are on the verge of going bust I'm not sure how true it is.

Leela Jackson from Puri-Tan did a skills week at my college, a lot of us placed orders with her and have not had a thing delivered or any of the orders confirmed, but yet they took the money from us all straight away.

I was advised by Kate Camilleri (the so called MD of the company) that they were having trouble getting the tents through customs, again not even sure if that's the truth as I don't trust a word she says after countless promises from her that she failed to keep.

My college are now on the case, but they are also getting no response from Kate Camilleri or any answer from any of the contact numbers that have provided.

I'm disgusted that some-one who has apparently "developed" Puri-tan and is "Spray Tanner to the celebrities" is "running" this business.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everyone gets their back from the company, I for one will not even look at this company again if it's still running. Kate Camilleri has certainly ruined her reputation as fas as myself and everyone at my college are concerned.

Really feel for anyone who has spent money with Puritan if the rumours are true. Pretty crappy situation for everyone. Can't believe that there are not more threads about this or if anyone knows more?? But the fact that Puritan aren't on here trying to clear their name doesn't bode well... :hug:

Haven't really got anything helpful to add, just wanted to second what Lisa said above...really feel for anyone who has had problems with this company...and for anyone new entering into the industry to have such a bad introduction is quite shocking and disheartening. Not all companies operate like the above named company.

xx

I've just noticed on the website that Puri-tan have changed their phone number from 0844 884 8661 to 08432 893 227, no idea if it's a proper number for them or not though.

I am passing the information on about this company to manchester trading stadards.
I suggest any that if you have had dealings with this company and have been dissapointed do the same.

Hi

I wanted to let you all know that I no longer work for Puri-Tan and I left two weeks ago, I am so so sorry to all of you out there that have placed orders and parted with money but have not received your goods.

I have no information to give to anyone im as much in the dark as you all are I have been sending e mails myself that are not being answered and im also out of pocket as I have not been paid my last wage!.

Good luck to you all trying to get your money back or goods.

Leela

Again ,i ask people to contact trading standards.

Puri-tan are about to run courses at , the premier inn at glasgow starting friday 26th march. If you have booked on this course be careful not to pay anymore money unless they have the goods with them.

This morning i have been advised to speak to the police over this matter.

Also spoken with abt , gbt & babtac who have no record of these people so any certification is worthless i am told.

I am very concerned that this website is still up and running and on facebook.

Also noticed that phone number had been changed.

I dont know too much about the the beauty industry , but this has been an eye opener. Clearly it needs to be regulated better.

i'm not sure exactly what's going on with Puri-tan and clearly there are problems, however I just wanted to say that the website with the Dorset address is the old, out of date puri-tan website, therefore details such as address, phone number etc may well be different, and also that it is my understanding that Puri-tan training courses are accredited by a different accrediting body than the ones mentioned above, and therefore are certainly not worthless.

I understand people's desire to warn people against falling foul of any company not operating up to scratch, however it is very important to be absolutely sure of your facts and not to put yourself in a libel position or make defamatory assumptions.

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]With regards to getting in touch with trading standards, do you need to contact the one where the business is based or your local office?

The phone number on the “new” Puri-tan website has defiantly been changed, they used to have two numbers on there which were 0844 884 8661 & 0161 787 8000, these have now been changed to just one number 0843 289 3227.

I was advised by Consumer Direct to write to Puri-tan explaining my concerns and making reference to the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 and about the fact that they are not up holding to these regulations where by the company is legally obliged to adhere to the requirements of the Regulations which states that delivery of goods ordered via a distance contract should be within 30 days of the order being placed unless otherwise agreed. If goods are not delivered within this time period the consumer is entitled to a refund of all monies paid within 30 days.

I'm not sure if there is any point in writing to them as they have two different address and as they are not answering phone calls or e-mails then I can hardly see them taking the time to reply to a letter.

I advise anyone who has paid for goods and not received them to contact their debit/credit card company and ask them if they can reverse the payment. Explain what has happened and why you want the payment reversed and they should be able to do it for you. I also advised my bank that I had no idea who the money had gone to as on my statement the payment showed as going to a Taxi Cabs & Limousines company, not quite sure what this has to do with a tanning.

I really hope that these people get what they deserve as it is disgusting that anyone can think they can get away with ripping people off. [/FONT]

My facts are correct.
In the course of looking into this i have several addresses, the phone numbers , the names of the people are the same.
I have only named puri-tan with no personal names given .

My information has now been passed on to the appropiate authorities.

Advised by dorset trading standards to contact wigan trading standards, this is where ethos beauty supplies is .
Hope this helps you.

My facts are correct.
In the course of looking into this i have several addresses, the phone numbers , the names of the people are the same.
I have only named puri-tan with no personal names given .

My information has now been passed on to the appropiate authorities.

Your facts are not correct as you claim that any certification given out by puri-tan is worthless. I am saying that I do not believe this to be the case, however you have not acknowledged this. You were also using information from their old website, rather than the new revised one.

If you are in a situation where you have paid money for goods not received then it is absolutely correct that you take remedial action. I do not feel however, that putting yourself in a potentially libellous position as you appear to have done now is really going to help your case, that's all.

I wish you well however, and hope you get a fair and correct outcome.

Advised by dorset trading standards to contact wigan trading standards, this is where ethos beauty supplies is .
Hope this helps you.

Thanks, I will send all the information that have on the case to them, hopefully something will be done to stop this from happening to anyone else.

Only to glad to help.

I came to this on to this site on the advice advice of a friend.
Glad i did thought we were the only ones that had a problem.

Other people have had dealings on this site with this company and not getting what they paid for
the thread was closed?

I am not the the sort person to kick someone when they are down but the more i learn about this it clearly has being going for sometime.

Good luck to you and your other students in getting your money back.

i did my training and bought my kit from puri tan and although i havent had to many problems im glad i found this post as i will NOT be purchasing form them again.

It took me about 4 weeks to get my kit after taking my money and no word from them. I rang the hotline and was on hold for 5mins and it cost me £5 i could not afford to ring anymore. So after abot 4 emails i finally got told my item was on the way. A silver kit starter kit , which was bunged in a cardboard box and no barrier cream was sent. I could not find warrenty and when i emailed to notify about this and the barrier cream no response. This was the only form of contact i had with them. 2 weeks later the zip came off my tent bag, it just twisted off no force was used just really bad product , i emailed requesting a replacement and again my emails have been unanswered. There so fast to take your money but when it comes to delivering goods and service they cant quite keep up the pace :irked:

I have been told thatPuri-tan (Ethos Beauty Supplies & Services LTD T/A Puri-tan) are on the verge of going bust I'm not sure how true it is.

Leela Jackson from Puri-Tan did a skills week at my college, a lot of us placed orders with her and have not had a thing delivered or any of the orders confirmed, but yet they took the money from us all straight away.

I was advised by Kate Camilleri (the so called MD of the company) that they were having trouble getting the tents through customs, again not even sure if that's the truth as I don't trust a word she says after countless promises from her that she failed to keep.

My college are now on the case, but they are also getting no response from Kate Camilleri or any answer from any of the contact numbers that have provided.

I'm disgusted that some-one who has apparently "developed" Puri-tan and is "Spray Tanner to the celebrities" is "running" this business.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everyone gets their back from the company, I for one will not even look at this company again if it's still running. Kate Camilleri has certainly ruined her reputation as fas as myself and everyone at my college are concerned.

i had the same problem, and my emails have went un answered

I bought my spray tan machine off them in Sept/Oct + a litre of solution with no problems... Seems I may be one of the lucky ones?

Well I'm saying that, but if my machine buggers up, what recourse would I have now??? I don't recall any particular paperwork in the box (except for instructions), nor was there much packaging or warranty card either. I did wonder, at the time, whether or not my machine was maybe a refurbished machine as I didn't know what would come with a brand new machine?

Now I'm slightly concerned...

I bought my spray tan machine off them in Sept/Oct + a litre of solution with no problems... Seems I may be one of the lucky ones?

Well I'm saying that, but if my machine buggers up, what recourse would I have now??? I don't recall any particular paperwork in the box (except for instructions), nor was there much packaging or warranty card either. I did wonder, at the time, whether or not my machine was maybe a refurbished machine as I didn't know what would come with a brand new machine?

Now I'm slightly concerned...

If it helps, Steve at Nouvatan is a genius at fixing spray tan machines...

hi am am new on here joined today :biggrin: i was searching for puri-tan contact details and google pointed me here, I have also ordered stuff via the online shop back in february and had no replies to emails the phone just rings and rings, when i posted on the puri-tan facebook page i was banned from it :evil:
I did a lot of research on the web before i decided to go with puri-tan i almost went with sienna or novatan but puri tan was at the top of google listings and was cheaper, the web site looked proffesional ect it would be cheaper, if there not going to supply me !!
i cant believe my money has gone to a taxi company, how many more is there out there who have been ripped off ?? I am going to contact the police, as this is obviously a fraudulant company but where do i send them too nigeria ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back