putting foils on nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessicawilli

Reaction score
I bought some nail foil to put on my nails and after realising that the reason why it wasn't sticking was because I was putting it on upside down :o I have now come accross another problem. When I put it on the whole of my nails I get creases in the foil and don't get a smooth coverage. Got any ideas? The way to cover up these faults at the moment I put a base coat of polish the same colour as the foil but it is still noticeable.

Jess

I have always applied the foil sealer then cut the foil into a small nail sized piece, Place onto the nail and gently rub over the whole of the foil with a cotton bud. Make sure you dont peel off the foil before its lifted off the backing.
Hths

Lellipop said:
I have always applied the foil sealer then cut the foil into a small nail sized piece, Place onto the nail and gently rub over the whole of the foil with a cotton bud. Make sure you dont peel off the foil before its lifted off the backing.
Hths

I do only cut off a nail sized piece but instead of rubbing with a cotton bud i rub it with an orange stick or my nail, do u think maybe a cotton bud would woro better, i thought maybe it was beause my tips were too rounded???

I would try and rub over the entire surface making sure you rub every bit of nail. I have used ornage sticks in the past but they can damage the foil.

Latest posts

Back