Question about % vs actually giving a reduction

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiv9mbs

Reaction score
So I'm wondering everyone's opinions on when doing a special offer do you offer a specific amount reduction e.g Back, neck & shoulder massage £16 or 20% off back neck & shoulder massages?

I've noticed my competitors use % and im trying to empathise with the client... Which would appeal to me more?besides being horrific at working out maths I tend to lean towards the specific amount.

What do you all think? What's worked for you previously? Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

I can totally agree with you with regards to not great at maths :)

However most fo do it in percentages. However I don't and just put it as a special offer as what it was to what it will be if that makes sense. :o

Our salon always do offers in £s off rather than %. That way they're not having to work out how much they'll get off. I know when I go shopping I'd rather see a price rather than a % off but thats me being lazy & can't be bothered to work it out lol.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Most things I've read about this indicate that people would rather have £'s off than a percentage, because they can't work it out either. 3 for the price of 2/Buy one get one free/£10 off if you spend over £25 are all quite clear. If you put a percentage, you have to put a percentage of what - 20% off Shellac toes that are £25 etc. Pounds off, or a voucher for an amount off is, I think, the best way to go!

Thank you all! Glad I'm not the only one bad at the ol adding and subtracting lol.

I'll just keep doing what I'm doing so :) xx

Sent from my iPhone using SalonGeek app

Latest posts

Back