Questions About Airbrushing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky120881

Reaction score
Hi

Can anyone tell me whether airbrushing is easy to master, or would I need to do a course because I was thinking about doing an essential nails airbrush course, but if it's easy to learn I may just buy an airbrush kit.

I have already done a gel course with essential nails and it was brilliant and am waiting for my L&P course to come through and am really looking forward to doing it.

Let me know what you all think to the airbrushing.

Becky x
www.thebeauty-boutique.co.uk

i did essential nails airbrush course in 2003 i thought it was an excellent course and so enjoyable to do.
if you find it hard just rewind the tape and do that till you can master the techniques personally for me it wasnt that hard and best of all you get everything you need in the kit so you dont have to purchase anything till you pass and want to exdend your colours or stencils.
the compressors is brilliant alone and i would say the kit is well worth the money.
if you have the nail trainer already then the kit will be cheaper...you just go for the conversion kit.

I really want to do this course too, joanne is it messy?

is it messy mmmn yes because you get addicted and airbrush every thing in site...i do the boys tattoos in the summer holidays...but not messy when doing nails...i have a plastic cup with kitchen roll in it so when i have finished with one colour i spray in the cup on the tissue...clean then add another colour

lol. fair enough. Probably a silly question but does it stink?

harvey said:
lol. fair enough. Probably a silly question but does it stink?
no it doesnt stink...lol

LOL cool thanks, just that you know how L&P smells, and my family are always twisting on about it, when I practise, dont wanna contaminate them any further lol
PS Sorry for hi-jacking your thread becki x x x

*JOANNE* said:
i did essential nails airbrush course in 2003 i thought it was an excellent course and so enjoyable to do.
if you find it hard just rewind the tape and do that till you can master the techniques personally for me it wasnt that hard and best of all you get everything you need in the kit so you dont have to purchase anything till you pass and want to exdend your colours or stencils.
the compressors is brilliant alone and i would say the kit is well worth the money.
if you have the nail trainer already then the kit will be cheaper...you just go for the conversion kit.

I agree with Joanne its a great course to do and worth the money.

At first I got paint everywhere (mum wasn't to please lol) but then once you learn how to control your gun and presure you'll be fine, it isn't something you'll master in a week lol I thought yeah this will be pezzy but errr.... no it wasn't it took dedication plus when something goes wrong with you gun they also tell you how to take it to piece and do a self mend which they wouldn't if you brought it from some where else or you can send it back to them for a repair

thanks for your opinions, it's really helped, I have just started an acrylic course with EN so once finished I might think about doing the airbrush course.

Becky x

Id love to do any airbrushing course- there are so many fab designs and colours available to do!

I reckon mine will be an EN course too :D

Latest posts

Back