Raising money for courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Violet Star

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I have my gel nails course book including the course with Cnd altogether this comes to around 550
I also want to do my conversion Spa manicure and pedicure course with Cnd which is 300
And also waxing course which is 250

So far i have 325.00 saved

Does anyone know any tips on how i can raise as much money as possible over the next month, i have already accounted for the wages i will be getting from my other job. But my tanning business is slow and nothing is coming in so not getting much from there.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips this would be great, i have tried to get funding but got declined x

I had a clear out of my wardrobe at home. Was gonna chuck them in the charity bag and then decided to put them on ebay. I got over £500 for something i was gonna chuck away!!
Have now been having a sort out of my books. Have over 100 books to sell so maybe i will get round to putting them on ebay.
Maybe just have a clear out and do a car boot or something.
Another idea is to join up to freecycle. People put loads of free stuff on there and some of it is worth money!!
My dad wanted to do some exercising at home. From freecycle he got a stepper maching, rowing machine, exercise bike and it was all for free. Now he could have sold them for over £100 and made himself some money. :idea:

Hi Angelina

Thanks for your advice :hug: I will raid my house now for all the things i want to sell :lol:

Same as Angelina really..my boyfriend lost his job twice in a year through this darn credit crunch and we did car boots, ebayed but he also found Music Magpie and they buy dvd's and CD's that people dont want and also try enviro phone they buy old mobiles so google them too..he made quite a bit..

I will be doing the exact same to raise the money for my eyelash extension and perming course..good luck x

Another idea is to join up to freecycle. People put loads of free stuff on there and some of it is worth money!!
My dad wanted to do some exercising at home. From freecycle he got a stepper maching, rowing machine, exercise bike and it was all for free. Now he could have sold them for over £100 and made himself some money. :idea:

ABSOLUTLY against Freecycle rules and quite frankly rude.

What's up with it hun? I had a look at it ages ago but never actually used it xxx

I guess it would have been had he actually sold them; I think Angelina was only saying that he could have sold them, not that he did.

I have heard of quite a few people getting thrown off the Telford group for eBaying things that they had received from Freecycle.

No he didn't sell them. He is happily exercising away! To be honest i didn't know it was against their rules. As far as i was aware it is a site for people to get rid of stuff that they don't want and don't want the hassle of getting rid of themselves. If i wanted to get rid of something then i don't care what happens to it after, as long as it's out of my way. :)
I haven't actually joined the site so i don't know the rules so don't call me rude! :eek:

No he didn't sell them. He is happily exercising away! To be honest i didn't know it was against their rules. As far as i was aware it is a site for people to get rid of stuff that they don't want and don't want the hassle of getting rid of themselves. If i wanted to get rid of something then i don't care what happens to it after, as long as it's out of my way. :)
I haven't actually joined the site so i don't know the rules so don't call me rude! :eek:

No, you definitely aren't rude :hug:

Personally, I wouldn't mind if someone sold stuff that I'd given them on Freecycle; sometimes you can also say that you don't mind stuff being sold on (e.g. if you have a load of stuff that could be sold at a car boot sale or eBay but you haven't got the time to do it personally).

But I think otherwise it's against official Freecycle rules to sell stuff on that you've got off there, and I know that the Telford group in particular doesn't allow it...

Thanks Ruth :hug:

Well i just found this;

If you respond to an OFFER (or post a WANTED) with the intention of selling items at car boot sales, via Ebay or elsewhere, you must state your intention in your message. Giving members the impression that items are for your own use, when in fact you intend to sell them, is strictly forbidden. Members should be able to choose whether or not their item goes for personal use or profit.

So you can sell items on if both parties are aware and in agreement.

So i wasn't being rude after all :lol:

Hi Geeks,

I have my gel nails course book including the course with Cnd altogether this comes to around 550
I also want to do my conversion Spa manicure and pedicure course with Cnd which is 300
And also waxing course which is 250

So far i have 325.00 saved

Does anyone know any tips on how i can raise as much money as possible over the next month, i have already accounted for the wages i will be getting from my other job. But my tanning business is slow and nothing is coming in so not getting much from there.

If anyone has any suggestions or tips this would be great, i have tried to get funding but got declined x

Try not eating for a month...that will raise some money and the added benefit is you could loose some weight to boot :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though the best advice I could offer is to take things at a pace that you can financially manage and at a pace that doesn't get you in debt or having to sell your wedding dress on E bay or your soul to the devil :eek::eek:

I see and talk to many therapists who have started in a direction which hasn't taken off fully and who seem to think that by booking "yet another course" and offer another service that their business will suddenly boom.

The advice here is to sit back...review what you have invested in thus far and see what/how you can get it going...once going the cash flow position is better when you can afford to lash out on more courses leading to more services you can offer your customers.

Good luck...and don't go E baying that wedding dress for a new course...when your older you will only regret it :hug:

Try not eating for a month...that will raise some money and the added benefit is you could loose some weight to boot :lol::lol::lol:

Seriously though the best advice I could offer is to take things at a pace that you can financially manage and at a pace that doesn't get you in debt or having to sell your wedding dress on E bay or your soul to the devil :eek::eek:

I see and talk to many therapists who have started in a direction which hasn't taken off fully and who seem to think that by booking "yet another course" and offer another service that their business will suddenly boom.

The advice here is to sit back...review what you have invested in thus far and see what/how you can get it going...once going the cash flow position is better when you can afford to lash out on more courses leading to more services you can offer your customers.

Good luck...and don't go E baying that wedding dress for a new course...when your older you will only regret it :hug:

:lol::lol: Collin you do make me laugh! If i didnt eat for a month id be anorexic do you seem to think im fat? :eek::lol:

And i dont have a wedding dress no1 is crazy enough to marry me :green:

I have thought routed out my entire wardrobe and found lots of bits that i dont want or dont fit me anymore so ive loaded them onto ebay...

Ive already booked the courses so need to go ahead with it and im an impatient soul :smack:

So far i now have 435.00 and 400 to go :eek:

I totaly agree with this! I know how hard it is to rein in enthusiasm though:hug:
The trouble is aswell, that you go off and do lots of courses and put yourself under pressure with having to practice this and practice that. It can seem a huge chore then. I think there is also a slight danger of being jack of all trades, master of none if you know what i mean. You dont give yourself time to master one new skill, before rushing on to another!
You obviously have a great passion for the industry, which is great and means you will strive to be successful:hug:
Take a breath, lol, relax, and enjoy your courses at a more lesuirely, and affordable pace.

Good advice from Collin there and sometimes it is not good to be a "Jack of all trades and master of none". If your thing is nails then get good at what you are doing and do further courses in this area before investing in something that you think "might" bring in more money.

I so know what you mean by being impaitent. I am exactly the same.

I have not even finished my NVQ2 Nails course yet (only 2 practical exams and 14 weeks to go!!)
BUt i have decided i want to teach it! LOL!

I have drawn the line now and if i dont make any money from the skills i have now them im doomed i tell you!

Good luck with it all and i wish you loads of success

Latest posts

Back