raising prices

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
when raising your service prices do you inform your clients prior to this? also what factors do you take into account eg. product prices, inflation. i need to be more aware of my products costing more and charging accordingly, does this happen yearly with suppliers and by what percentage? i consider myself a excellent nail technician but a hopeless business woman! :smack:

You need to work out how much it costs you to do the treatments ie all your products the rent of where you are etc and then work out a reasonable price for each treatment... Also look at any other salons in your area and see what they charge...

melody jayne said:
i consider myself a excellent nail technician but a hopeless business woman! :smack:

Ooh! my hubby would agree with this comment where I am concerned,LOL. Definitely look at what techs are charging in your area and take it from there. Aslo look at what local salons are charging. Some of their prices may be over the top for an average service whils others are also offering excellent nails at a cheaper price. I found it pays to do your homework in your local area.

Last time I put my prices up I had a little notice by my desk which said the from DATE there will be a small increase in some treatment prices.

put prices up straight away for new clients, and give your current clients a little bit of notice, say 2 months, before the new charge applies to them. but make sure you keep new and old client's apart while the changes take place so they don't know what each other is paying,.

thanks for your replys. i work from home, the other nail techs who are home based which advertise in the local paper advertise at ridiculous prices eg AU25.00 full set, im guessing most have just started and surely couldnt be using decent products or how could they afford to do this? by the time overseas products arrive here they've doubled in price.i dont advertise in the local paper as i find its too competive and potential clients are just interested in a cheap price,not good work and i wont lower myself to their standards. i keep myself slightly cheaper than my local salons as i dont have their rental prices but do have all their other costs. does anyone know how often creative or ibd increase their product costs to us?

if it's an across the board price rise give them one or 2 appointment notice, i usually introduce a price rise by applying it to new clients only for a few months, then notify existing clients (in advance) that i have to bring them into line with everyone else, they luv the idea of being almost VIPS (on a lower price) for a few months, then advised well in advance that they are being brought into line with a pricing structure that has actully been enforced for quite some time to new clients

Latest posts

Back