Re-Balance Nightmare.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lena123

Reaction score
I have just done a re-balance for a hairdresser friend i have been doing her nails for the past six months or so with no probs. At first glance her nails before i worked on them looked really good hardly any lifting and only two missing which she said were totally her fault!! Anyway i was filling away no probs then when i put the gel on a dark line started to appear around the edges when i had completed everything in the normal way you could still see a dark line where the nail had grown and also under the free edge which i couldnt understand! Then she owned up she washed a dark hair dye off a client without using gloves!!!

Now im not sure what to do with her nails next time, do i do a totally new set, or should i have done that this time even though she was quite happy but i thought they looked awfull close up.
I suggested we wait and see in two weeks how they are and maybe file them really short and use GF21 white for the smile line to cover the dark marks under the free egde but the growth line (if you get what i mean ) will still be there.

(I use star nails)
Any suggestions!!??

coments from anyone???!!!

HI, l think l would file them down quite thin to see if that gets rid of the marks if it works then overlay them, if it still shows l would soak them off and and start again. the colour may have stained her natural nails so they may need a light buff, l also don't find GF21 white tip gel any good as you can see thought it, hope this helps xx

I use L&P and not gel and if this was a client of mine I would soak them off and re-do them, and charge her as such... That way, nic looking nails and a client less likely to be so naughty again!

Hi Lena, If this was my client I would not waste time trying to rectify I would soak off & apply a new set. Gloves should always be used with hair products like dye due to staining of the skin & irritation. You could be mixing chemicals if not fully removed - provoking irritation (IMO)

Latest posts

Back