re-balancing brisa with chipped edges

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tess1

Reaction score
Hi I have 2 clients booked in for BRISA re-balances this week and they have both rung to say that a couple of the nails on each hand have chipped at the free edge, after going back over tutorials etc I am pretty sure that 1) I havent been "working the initial layer into the tip area properly and 2) I am applying the gel in that area too thinly, so am going to rectify those this time :rolleyes: .

My question is to start the re-balance do I just file behind the chipped area and build back up or do I need to start each of the chipped nails all over again. ie file all the way down, soak off and then start from scratch?. :|

Thanks in advance
Tess x

Just file behind the chipped area till the product it tight to the nail and start again. Remember to 'cap' the free edge by always extending the gel just over the edge of the nail.

My advice to anyone is never take off more product than is absolutely necessary. There is NO point at all in doing this.

I never remove an enhancement by any method unless I absolutely have to, because the client has asked me, or because she has removed most of the product herself with her teeth!! :irked:

Great, thanks for the quick reply.
Tess x

thanks for writing that advice geeg cos i am having the same problem... also If i want to replace a full nail on an overlay would i take off the entire product or is it ok to leave a thin layer then re do? (have I explained this enough?)

Just a quick add on lol...........
If you are repairing the chip on a natural nail, pop a form around it......this will give you a nice guideline , will ensure a nice even edge and a good seal.........

If it is on a tip...... proceed like Gigi already mentioned...............

Latest posts

Back