re:star nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

empy22

Reaction score
hi, all I was wondering if anyone could help, I cant find a website for star nails, I know united beauty has gone bust, so who owns them now?

has anyone got the website address?

Are the products any good?

I want to add L&P to my list of treatments, but as I am mainly a gel girl, I dont want to payout to much yet for training, I hope to get a couple of years experience and then do a conversion course with creative.

anyway if anyone could help ,please do

thanks

Emma

Just before christmas, star nails went into receivership which means they're stock has been discontinued

if you visit: www.thenailwarehouse.biz

they offer an alternative to star nail products which are just as cheap......i would say though, i have seen star nails before and they're not a patch on creative - if you have the money i wouldnt waste you're time to be honest!

Contact monkeystails georgie smedley she works for Star and deals with training etc. you will find her details in the members list.
HTH

couldnt agree more do not waste your time or money with this company, i done my training with them, and wish id spent my money with creative,

I have to agree....If you work it out there isn't a great deal difference in pricing especially if your gonna go on and do the conversion. On a personnel level i think Creative is a superior product and i also did the conversion from Star to Creative and wish i hadn't wasted my money the first time round.

Yes, I agree, Star Nails are cheap and nasty. The tips are really thick and difficult to apply properly.
I believe that Creative are definitely the best , and are so much better for tech and client. Creative are worth investing in for better results.
What does everyone think of NSI?

I have to say although star Nails products may not be in the same class as Creative and they do not promote themselves as if they are, that a good nail technician will be able to work with any product. Georgie recently got a 1st place with star products at the nail olympics against some of the top technicians in the world.

I have a soft spot for star nails as i did my first training with them as did many of us and it gave me the enthusiasim and passion to carry on with my education. I received very good training from star nails and the literature you take home with you is excellent. Its not a bad starting point if you get the right trainer.

I find many of their proucts very good and still use many of them and their manicure and pedicure products are lovely.
HTH

Hi
I only found this website yesterday and am already hooked!
I am newly trained nail tech and did my training with star nails and did think there products were good but with nothing to compare them with what do i know. Does anyone think i should maybe shop around. From the threads i have been reading lots of you think they are crap!!

CREATIVE ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have tried others but this is the best. Pay that much more for quality and training and not only will you please potential clients with a top product but the work for you will be made easy! It is so good to apply once you get the nack!

Haven't used Star acrylic but had to buy their non-acetone in an emergency once before and it was awful. Literally had to scrub....... and it was only a pale colour!!

Listen to us!! ;)

As i said in my thread star nails are not the top of the product range but the majority of the good techs started their training with them..

The products are as good as the tech who is using them. It i easy on this site to feel that you should belong to creative or Ezflow. The reason for this is as we get more eager for education we want to try the other companies and their products and see what all the fuss is about, this can be costly if you are first setting out and lots of us have felt pressurised into doing this.

Train with what you have learnt first and then you can try other company products with try me kits. When you have the expereince in one product then you will know what you ae looking for in someone elses.

No i dont think they are crap but they are far from being the worst either.

HTH

Want to quote Lucia (Scattyfox), but not sure how!! Help there please?

I want to agree about trying other products to find out exactly what you find best to work with and this is what I did. I just know that Creative was the one for me in the end. Sounds a bit like looking for Mr. Right doesn't it?!!!!!!

You pick up all different pieces of advice too by trying different companies which helps even if its just one snippet of information that works for you, be it a method on application or preparation, it can stay with you forever and help you become a good tech.

scattyfox said:
As i said in my thread star nails are not the top of the product range but the majority of the good techs started their training with them..

The products are as good as the tech who is using them. It i easy on this site to feel that you should belong to creative or Ezflow. The reason for this is as we get more eager for education we want to try the other companies and their products and see what all the fuss is about, this can be costly if you are first setting out and lots of us have felt pressurised into doing this.

Train with what you have learnt first and then you can try other company products with try me kits. When you have the expereince in one product then you will know what you ae looking for in someone elses.

No i dont think they are crap but they are far from being the worst either.

HTH

I agree with Lucia, I did my basic training in gel with Star Nails and the information was very good as was the trainer. When they went into receivership I switched to Pronails and when comparing their gel to Star's GF21, I have to say that it was so much better. The only reason I chose Star to do my training was that it was the only one that was nearest to me at the time. Lucia has made a very good point in getting the try me kits from other companies to try out before you commit yourself to their training. There are a lot of good companies out there offering top products and training.

Thanks for all the advice i will def get my hands on some try me kits. So am i right in thinking that if i decide to use another product i will have to be re-trained on that product? (sorry if i sound stupid).

If you change to Creative you'l have to do a Conversion Course and Ezflow, which again cost's money. So make sure you find the right course for you. Its ok doing the course that closest or a little bit cheaper but in the long run its only you that will pay for it and some people can't aford to keep paying out if their not happy with the product.

Ring round and get some trail kits sent out and take it from there....!! :)

Latest posts

Back