rebalancing nightmare-im all confused now!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

looby4444

Reaction score
ok, im a bit confused!

just read a tutorial about rebalancing P&w's and i dont have a clue now!

at creative i was taught to check the nails and if the white had not grown too far, to de bulk and apply pink to rebalance. but if the white had grown, to take all the white off and reapply?? on the tutorial it says to just thin the white and reapply. i find if this is done, you get dark grey shadows???

which way is right?? i hate rebalancing i feel im really rubbish at it and cant wait to go back to creative to do the next rebalance course, its my main weakness!

help, im getting scared of rebalances now!

hi Loulou,

I was taught by a creative tutor to take all the product down till almost gone, and then reapply all 3 zones,

but then a different tutor showed me to take off only what you need to, remove any lifting and debulk, and reapply thin layer of P&W to all 3 zones

I prefer the second method, I haven't had any 'greying' though so I can't really give advice there ,I'm sure someone will be able to help

I think techs are all trained slightly different, using the methods that the tutors favour themselves, I think the right way is the one that you prefer and are the most comfortable with, HTH!!!! :hug:

I must admit LouLou that I would rather do a fresh set than a rebalance, especially if it is someones else work I am doing the rebalance to. But I am sure over time we will get it down pat and be as confident and happy with our work as the long time nail techs.:Love:

sprinkles said:
hi Loulou,

I was taught by a creative tutor to take all the product down till almost gone, and then reapply all 3 zones,

but then a different tutor showed me to take off only what you need to, remove any lifting and debulk, and reapply thin layer of P&W to all 3 zones

I prefer the second method, I haven't had any 'greying' though so I can't really give advice there ,I'm sure someone will be able to help

I think techs are all trained slightly different, using the methods that the tutors favour themselves, I think the right way is the one that you prefer and are the most comfortable with, HTH!!!! :hug:

did you have bev?? if you went to leeds creative that is! im from yeadon so quite near to you!

i think ill have a go with the second way anyway and see how it goes. i really dread rebalancing, so im gonna go to skill building and get some more training!

thanks!

xx

Hi Lou,

:biggrin: Yes! I did have Bev, for days 1-4, on my fifth day I had Shona, I learn't different tips from both of them and I use a mixture of both.

I live in Idle by the way (near Carverley- I think that's spelt right!!:o ), it's only a 20 minute drive to Creative from here.It's nice to talk to another local tech, :hug:

just up the road from me then!!

we should start our own geek meet for xmas that lives leeds way....theres more and more of us joining the site and its nice to know all us geeks are close by!

forgot to ask...how long do you think it should be between foundation and skill-building? I def want more training but don't know how long to wait between the two...

I would def be up for a leeds geek meet lou! :D

cool ill post a thread an try set up a meet between xmas and new year in leeds for some drinks!

erm not sure how long between, i think you can do it anytime as far as i know, i have a book in my car ill look at lunch time!

lou x

thanx, lou :biggrin:

i would love to come to the leeds meet too
count me in girls

Hiya, when i first done a rebalance i removed nearly all of the product and reapllied. But after reading geegs book and info on here i am now learning how to do it much easier. First of all i shorten the nail if required and straighten the sidewalls. The white will be a little thicker once you have shortened it so i just thin it out back to its original thickness. Then i file just above the white where the new smile will be, then thin out the rest. The tip is still white so all you need is a very small bead and apply your new smile and smooth over the rest. Work a little dryer in this area to avoid shadowing. Then apply tiny beads of pink to zone 2 and 3. Only remove what you are going to replace. HTH

Shadowing could be caused by differing consistencies. If your ratio on your rebalance is wetter than your original application this can cause shadowing...

julia_james said:
i would love to come to the leeds meet too
count me in girls

Hi Julia!

we are meeting on the 29th at Edwards at 12! how does that sound???

lou x

Latest posts

Back