Recent surgery, would you continue?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lash lady:)

Reaction score
Hi all!
I have a pamper party tomorrow and have just been called and advised that one of my ladies had a knee operation Tuesday.
Apparently she is fine and walking around and would still like to have a facial and maybe swap to a pedicure instead of her booked massage.

I don’t feel comfortable helping her onto the couch in case she was to fall but I was thinking maybe a facial in the chair? The ladies advised they would sign a disclaimer but (thinking of all outcomes here) they don’t stand up in court .

Also i wasn’t too keen on pedicure as that would involve me moving the leg?

Has anyone been in the same situation?
What would you do?

Many thanks xx

I’ve found this hope it helps:

The actions you take the first 48 to 72 hours after your surgery are critical to your healing and comfort.

If you’re supposed to stay off your feet for a certain length of time, required to wear a walking boot, and must keep bandages clean and dry, then getting a pedicure will compromise all these instructions. In general, it’s safe to say you shouldn’t get a pedicure in the 2 to 3 days following your foot surgery.

So if she wants to get a letter from her doctor that’s fine but I doubt she will get one this short notice. Imagine scrubbing her feet, it can get quite firm and if you moved it too much it could hurt her knee.

If she really really wants it and is not taking no for an answer suggest that you just paint them and give her a voucher towards a proper pedicure when she’s healed, or go ahead but only scrub the other foot and don’t do legs just feet. I’d also advise avoiding massaging as that’s meant to be 3 months after surgery minimum.

A lot depends on what she had done on her knee.
If she just had an arthroscopy (a look around inside with fibre optic) then she may well be fine to get on the couch, just use a bolster to support the knee.
If it was a full knee replacement then no, don't treat!

My suggestion would be to give the lady a ring and have a chat about it before the event.
A voucher for another day is a good idea if it can't go ahead as planned.

What fab advice sometimes you just need a little reassurance so thank you both so much .
Will give her a call now xx

Latest posts

Back