Recommended Facial for acne

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cathill

Reaction score
What would be the best facial for someone with acne and hormonal problems that are affecting the skin to have i dont do facials but one of my waxing clients has asked me for some advice i said id ask you lot!!!!

Hi This is one of those cases where the client needs to see someone for a consultation. How bad is the acne? And is the hormonal problems causing the acne or is the client receiving hormone treatment and the meds causing the problem? Has she consulted her GP? Some facial treatments would not be suitable for some classifications for acne. Some clearer info would be useful. :hug:

Basically i think shes on the change shes only 30 but after 2 children she no longer gets her periods and is getting hot flushes shes seen the G.P They said there isnt much they can do for the acne as its the hormones making her skin so bad shes got some cream from them but she said it burns her skin people have been telling her aboyt the oxygen facial but im not well up on this so i cant really advise her. I dont think she wants to get to salon and get talked into something that might make things worse!!:irked:

Another thing to consider is whether it is definitely acne and not rosacea. She really needs to go and see a therapist who can give her some more precise advice.:hug:

Hi - this situation requires that she needs to see a therapist in person. It is not clear whether this condition is acne vulgaris or rosacea. Plus we do not know what this cream is that she has been given - a retinoid cream can be quite harsh for some skins and may contra-indicate some treatments. There are kinder alternatives. Advise her to see a reputable skin therapist who can advise her properly.

Professional products and treatments containing Glycolic acid can effectively help control acne (that is .. if thats what the condition is) It has personally worked wonders for my own skin. A long term sufferer of very problematic and scarred skin.

Hopefully she wont feel 'talked into' anything she doesnt feel comfortable with. If she can find herself someone with a good reputation she could go along and have a consultation, maybe pick up leaflets etc, allowing her to find out more on certain treatments.

thanks everyone xx

Latest posts

Back