recommended training path

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caggygee

Reaction score
Hi there!

I am wanting to train part time (evenings) as i work full time. Firstly what is the best recognised qualification in acrylic nails and secondly is it worth doing training for gel nails too? I have found a course at college but there seem to be alot of companies advertising but they are alot more expensive and not sure if the right qualifications? Any advice would be appreciated!xxx

education is everything dont be put off prices i paid alot for mine i did a creative course and found that to be great if your going to leanr ur better off doing it right the first time and properly as if you do a cheap and nasty course u might find that it they didnt teach u everything ask loads of questions what they have to offer ect....

I personally trained with Creative and I find their products fabulous. They are also at the end of a phone line if I have any queries or problems solving which is invaluable. You need to also think about what products you want to use. It isn't only the price of the course you need to think about, but which products that will then enable you to use. Most of my clients came to me saying that they would only wear Creative. What do other Techs in your area offer?? I would personally recommend only learning L&P for now. Nails are MUCH MUCH harder to learn than you might think, I was amazed at how much there was to learn and practise and in my opinion you would be better mastering one sysem before learning another one.

Yes I agree, I think its best to master one system first, im still practising L&P and I don't think I could have done both at the same time, I hope to learn the other systems in the future but after I am confident with L&P!

After a lot of research, I trained with Creative. I know exactly how you are feeling as I was confused about which way to go too. But I am pleased with my choice, and now I get to use the products too! the thing to remember if you choose a shirt intensive course is that it is only the beginning and a lot of practise is needed afterwards. I have read a lot on here that some of the geeks who did college courses went on to do product training also, and felt they learned more, not always but some did.

Anyway hope thats helped a bit and also search on training and education etc and you'll get loads of advice!!

Good Luck!:D

Latest posts

Back