Record cards and consultation forms

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Enchantingemma

Reaction score
Hi all!

So I'm setting up mobile and want to make sure I've got my paperwork correct. I'll be getting clients to fill out a record card with personal info and basic medical info and will record each treatment/skintrst on this. Should I then do a consultation form at each treatment too? I'll be asking them all the relevant questions etc but I'm assuming I need it documented and signed. Where does everyone store these and for how long? Any help info or advice is greatly appreciated x

Xx

Most record cards have personal details on the front, then treatment history on the back. I wouldn't do a consultation form at each treatment (unless it is an entirely new treatment) however I would be asking at the start of each appointment if anything has changed since their previous app.
I would also make sure that if you are patch testing in between I would just update the back of the record card stating you've carried out a new patch test.

I keep mine for up to 1 year, and then shred to dispose. Keeping them at home locked away (as they have personal data) if you are mobile and taking out which cards/new cards that you need. X

You need to keep your old records for at least 6 years in case of any claims arising in the meantime.

Latest posts

Back