Red Hair/Maji.Contrast Help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emma_x

Reaction score
hi i have been trying to get my hair a certain red colour for a while now. im not very confident with dying my hair and most probably wouldnt feel confident bleeching it myself.

so after a few months of dying my hair the box reds as they werent giving me a bright colour i tried a hair dresser. after showing her a picture she was confident she could give me the red i wanted. The results were not what i expected at all i ended up having bright red at the front in the short bits of baby hair and roots and the rest was pretty much dark (the hair dresser then explained this was because a few months before id had a black die on my hair and if i wanted it red id have to bleech it but she prefered not to bleech it as she didn’t want to ruin my hair which i was pretty happy about).

so for a few months i tried dying my hair but it kept coming out with two different colours (bright red at the roots) so i died it a darker colour with a red tint and left it like that for a while.
i wondered if its worth giving the red another go. my hair now is a dark brown with a hint of red from the dies and i havent had any black die on it in over a year. I havent died it in a few months so im wondering if the results would be any better this time?

someone i saw who had the perfect colour said they used 9% poroxide and the loreal maji.contrast, though ive read that i shouldn't use the maji contrast on my whole head?

Im debating trying another hair dresser and hoping i just had bad look the first time round but im quite scared incase i end up like last time as i have a holiday coming up in may

hair.png

The ideal colour im lookin for is this ^
if anyone has any hair die colours or tips it would be much appreciated..
many thanks :) xx

Hi,
I did this colour just yesterday and it is great, its the same as in your pictures, full head.
My friend is a hairdresser, she used 9% peroxide with the majicontrast iridescent blonde red, going on the name of it, i thought it was going to be very bright sort of clown wigish, but it is really nice, i am chuffed with it. it is not at all as i imagined it would be (going from the name) it is loads better, and exactly the colour i wanted to be.
go for it.
:)

Latest posts

Back