Reference for a Landlord

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louisenewell

Reaction score
Hi all,
Question for all you clever geeks out there and particular those with there own premises that have been through the process of opening there own nail salon.....I am in the very early stages of the process and believe i have to give my bank deatils to the landlord of the premises so she can obtain refererences.Only problem is my credit rating is quite bad and i am always overdrawen.However i do have quite a bit of income.Worried about what the bank will put in the reference and regarding the data protection act just how much they can disclose????any answers greatly appericated,i'll sleep better tonight if i know for sure.thanks

Ask them outright and ask them to let you see the reference before they disclose any information. x

If you have a authorised overdraft and use it there shouldnt be a problem.The banks will not usually commit to say you can afford the rent anyway. I was going for a shop a few months ago and that is what i was told by the estate agents. Mine fell through because the landlord wouldnt let me have a get out clause.

Latest posts

Back