removal of cuticle remover best way to do it?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MINKUS

Gel Junkie
Reaction score
Hi all

I know this is a basic question but can you give me some advice?

During prep....what is the best way to remove the cuticle remover?

A dip in warm water and a handsoak and dry thoroughly......get the client to wash their hands or wipe off with a wipe and water ?

I would then be following on with Brisa

Thanks

AMB xxx

Hiya....I use a mix of water and citrusoak in a pump....then just use a wipe to wipe it off with a little scrubbing motion....then i dry them and continue as norm....xxxx

Yep same here, remove the cuticle remover with a spray of Cirtrus soak and water mix. Then make sure the nails are dry and then scrubfresh and proceed with the service......Quick and simple and so effective x

hi ya, i ask the client to wash hands thouroughly using a small nail brush, i like the ones in the brisa gel kits as these can be easily cleaned and are gentle to use. Each client is given a clean hand towel, which they use again after nails enhancements are completed, but before solar oil or nail art.
a little hand cream like creative sentsations to finish, clients just love the smell of these, giving a boost to retail sales!!!!

Hiya Amber!

We where taught at college to remove cuticle cream with surgical spirits! dont know how good true this is, as i only used it in college.

Wipe over nails gently so as not to irritate the skin around the fingers, it has a general skin antiseptic, and i suppose an alcohol base that may help cleanse and dry out the nail plate, you are then not adding undue moisture to the nail before enhancement application.

Maybe this isn't t suitable for every one so caution is required i feel, please read, directions first.
This is generally used before waxing as a general antiseptic. I must stress though this is also used in the cleaning of beauty instruments and all other treatment appliances.

Maybe someone more experienced can advice you better of that.

Wouldn't mind hearing peoples advice on this, if at all poss!

Hope this help though.

depending on what service...Mani or enhancements.....
I wash it off if its applied suring a mani service or Hygienic Elegance/water mix in a spritzy bottle if doing enhancements.
:wink2:

ooopsy...sorry Amb....just noticed your PREP'in! :irked: :o

Getting the cuticle remover off is best with water and a mix of cleansing lotion in a pump bottle. Some techs get them to wash it off at a basin. This is time consuming and unnecessary as clients often don't know how to wash their nails and only wash their hands. When you cleanse their cuticle remover off yourself you pay particular attention to their cuticle area, This is much more efficient i feel.

the citru soak & water solution in either a pump or a spray works well for me.
in case anyone here doesn't use cnd's cuticle remover, it has to rinsed off as it has a high concentration of alpha hydroxy acids in it, & would irritate the skin if left on.
time restraints rule out the hand washing option.
i also use the citru soak solution for cleaning the nail plate (sometimes called "squeaking") while perfoming a manicure, before painting.
liza

hi the citru soak and water sounds great can u tell me where i would be able to get it from.

Hi Jo where in Germany are you ???
this will make it easier to help you xxx

What is the best angle to use the "pushie" is it 90 degrees?

Hi there

I also use the Citrus Soak recommended in Spray bottle method.

Although depending on my mood I also have hot towels available to wipe,with same Citrus Soak mix.
MMMM....... Nice in winter.......... Fresh in Summer................

xx J xx

thanks all got my supplies at the nec today !!

Amb xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Boogaloo said:
What is the best angle to use the "pushie" is it 90 degrees?

Hi babe,
now I am not to hot with degrees lol............ but a pushy should not be digging into the nailplate it should gently push the non living tissue and loosen it, so it can be removed with no damage to the natural nail.........it should not be scraping the keratin off the nail........... So not sure what the angle is.....

liza smith said:
the citru soak & water solution in either a pump or a spray works well for me.
in case anyone here doesn't use cnd's cuticle remover, it has to rinsed off as it has a high concentration of alpha hydroxy acids in it, & would irritate the skin if left on.
time restraints rule out the hand washing option.
i also use the citru soak solution for cleaning the nail plate (sometimes called "squeaking") while perfoming a manicure, before painting.
liza

Hi, just wanna to know if it is all right to do this as i have been doing this for sometime now. After clear the dead skin on the nail plate with cuticle remover, i wipe it off with just a dry lint free wipe. (i am a bit freak out with using water as i am referring to doing enhancement here.) After that, i proceed with the rest of the steps and right before i apply the L&P, i scrub the nailplate with scrubfresh. I am thinking that scrubfresh would be a better way to remove any traces of cuticle remover as it is alcohol base.
Would this post any problems?

Anyway, is scrub fresh also a ph balancer?

Latest posts

Back