Removing cradle cap?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nails<3

Reaction score
Hi ,

My daughter is 3 nearly 4 in feb.she still has cradle cap on her scalp!! It is not budging. When I brush her hair through after a bath the cradle cap comes out but brings a bundle if hair with it. Her hair has only just started growing as it is.

I have tried lotions,oil and shampoo and it's just not going.I never had any problems with my sons scalp and did everything the same with him?

Is there any ways of removing it,It just doesn't seem to want to get out of her hair.

Thanks. X

[QUOTE=Nails

The doctor can give you a shampoo to clear it up if the over the counter ones don't work. My son had it and it grew out as he got older, he's now 4 years. If your little girl is 3 then i would of thought she would of grown out of it. I have a 11 month old girl and she has it too, and its starting to clear up.

But keep brushing her hair as it will help.

Best wishes
Lilian

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using SalonGeek

Hi ,

My daughter is 3 nearly 4 in feb.she still has cradle cap on her scalp!! It is not budging. When I brush her hair through after a bath the cradle cap comes out but brings a bundle if hair with it. Her hair has only just started growing as it is.

I have tried lotions,oil and shampoo and it's just not going.I never had any problems with my sons scalp and did everything the same with him?

Is there any ways of removing it,It just doesn't seem to want to get out of her hair.

Thanks. X

hi there,
my little boy is 4 now and he had very bad cradle cap when he was born,
what i did was every evening bath him in plain water only and washing the obvious ares with( johnsons top to toe) avoiding his head and then i used to do baby massage to relax him once dried with bio oil, i also massaged this very gentley in his scalp over the cradle cap and with in just a few weeks it was completley gone :)
hth,
x

Oil works well, let it soak in for an hour then gently rub with a flannel, then wash with shampoo. Do this a few times a week and he'll be fine. It worked well on both my daughers. Good luck :)
Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Your daugher sorry not your son!

Olive oil is brilliant as it penetrates deep into the skin, if you can leave it in overnight then massage a bit more in the morning before washing it out it clears it right up.

If you notice the cradle cap return treat it with the oil straight away to avoid loosing the hair clumps.

Lindsey x

Hi! I've used to look after a toddle for an year and at the beginning she had craddle cap. After i started washing her hair everyday with Dentinox ( and using a bit of conditioner), it was all gone in a short while.
You can find it in Boots. xx

hiya,

Olive oil is with out a doubt the best thing for it, massage alittle in, leave it over night or as long as you can and it will lift it, you will notice a difference as soon as you shampoo, we use halo and horns shampoo its so mild it works a treat.

I use dentinox on her already and not budging.

I will try the oil and see if that works. It's really odd that at nearly 4 she still has it as my sons went away quickly.

She is at nursery this week, so I will start the oil from Friday and see if that helps, fingers crossed it does.

Thank you all x x

I was training to be a childrens nurse and while on placement in the hospitals we used olive oil! Leave it to soak in and gently massage away. Really did work.

Olive oil didnt budge my daughters cradle cap, CND Solar oil did the trick though :) xx

Sent from my E15i using SalonGeek

I have this problem with 3 year old, he is just growing out a bald patch on the top of his head :-( dentinox hasn't worked for me either. Think I'll try olive oil xx

I have this problem with 3 year old, he is just growing out a bald patch on the top of his head :-( dentinox hasn't worked for me either. Think I'll try olive oil xx

i had this prob with my youngest and she had a bald spot too a year later the hair is only just growing back, i would keep using the dentinox i know it stinks and start using oil again it will look dreadful rub it on morning and night. and try not to use any johnson products, i stopped using all of these and just use normal soap in baths. and it cleared up really quick xx

Again olive oil!! Gental and kind to the skin!

I hate johnsons baby products there baby lotion will get waterproof mascara off in seconds so imagine what its doing to a babys skin!! Not a fan! X

Sent from my HTC Vision using SalonGeek

I ended up scratching it off my babies heads. I know it seems wrong. But I did it very gently after rubbing in olive oil. Then sat very slowly, gently and scraped it off. A bit each night. It worked

We used to recommend olive oil to clients before the days of Moroccan oil, Argan oil, solar oil even. Apply and leave on over night then shampoo with a mild shampoo, or Dentinox. Never ever used Johnsons baby shampoo, that causes cradle cap it's awful stuff and shouldn't be on the shelves. I used Avon kids shampoo on my two and its been fine, but all children are different. Maybe even pop into your local salonand see what they have to offer, but remember no Johnsons x

I ended up scratching it off my babies heads. I know it seems wrong. But I did it very gently after rubbing in olive oil. Then sat very slowly, gently and scraped it off. A bit each night. It worked

Yeah I was told not to pick it so after my little ones bath she has her hair combed with a fine tooth comb and it comes out but it is all over the top of her scalp.

The olive oil is going to be tried tonight as she finishes nursery tomorrow so she can have a good soak and see if that helps.

It just looks awful and her hair isn't growing properly. Sick of people comparing her hair to other 3 year olds long locks.

It is slowly growing bless her,she looks so cute with her little curls.

I will let you know how it goes after I have done it.

Thank you :) x x

Phenomen oil from jessica is really good for cradle cap

Latest posts

Back