Rent a chair or mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heather1992

Reaction score
Which is best? I am due to finish my level 4 not the next few weeks and am torn whether know should rent a chair or go mobile? Need to make a decision fast as I have an appointment with the salon this week!
I don't drive yet but have the money to do a crash course and buy a car or I can use that money to buy all my stock and equipment for the salon and I really don't know which to do? I'm nervous to go in the salon as I don't have any full time experience and I worry about booking clients in, timing etc but on the plus side I am based in one place with all my equipment.
Mobile I can work more at my own pace however I hate bending people over the bath and can't fit as many clients in because of travel time etc.
Both have plus sides and down sides, any advice please?

I would advise you spend time in the salon first, probably for a few years. The experience you gain will be invaluable. Especially being able to bounce off other stylists when things don't go to plan. Mobile suits me now with kids etc. but 22 years ago when I started it would have been a horror story. Build your confidence and knowledge in a salon first I'd say. Good luck with it

I would advise you spend time in the salon first, probably for a few years. The experience you gain will be invaluable. Especially being able to bounce off other stylists when things don't go to plan. Mobile suits me now with kids etc. but 22 years ago when I started it would have been a horror story. Build your confidence and knowledge in a salon first I'd say. Good luck with it
Thank you. I just worry with me being self employed that the other stylists won't give me the help I need? I also worry that if I don't get enough clients I will end up out of pocket with rent etc?

I'd go in a salon, even if it's just for a short while, will get your confidence up a bit and you'll have others around to ask for help if need be. I'm now mobile, and it's the best thing I've done, but I had 10years in a salon before and I know I wouldve struggled just going straight into mobile.

Latest posts

Back