Renting a chair-stylist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byKaty

Reaction score
Right, so this afternoon i called to one of my local salons about renting a chair as there is a sign on shop wall outside.
Due to start week after easter week, 3 days, £25 a day, bring own stock.
Im actually crapping myself now as i dont really have a client base as yet, just family/friends.
I dont want to work as employee i want to work for myself. Im under no illusion that it will take time to build the clients up, i also work as civil servant part time so rent isnt an issue. Tell me ive not been really effing stupid!
Not wanting to do mobile either as dont want hassle of travellin to appts etc.
Am i doomed??

Do you have a fb page? You have 2 weeks now to start marketing yourself, set an introductory offer for your 1st month to try and get yourself some advance bookings. Maybe get some fliers printed and put them through local houses. You need to be pro active now rather than just wait till after Easter and hope to be busy. I'm sure the salon prob has clients to put your way too but you don't want to depend on them providing all your work and you will feel better if you have a few bookings lined up already. Its a good time of year to be starting out though going into the summer, I sure you will be fine!

Thanks for replying! Ive stopped panicking lol! I had already been reading on here re marketing/offers/promos etc for ideas before today. Just when i mentioned to my partner earlier i got impression he wasnt too taken by it and its just made me doubt myself a bit.
Im well aware it will be tough to begin with but i will just have to buckle down and do whatever i can to make myself busy as no point waiting for clients to just magically appear. Defo be doing leaflets and business cards as a start.

Latest posts

Back