Renting a room, small gym, mature clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Lady Powderpuff~

Reaction score
Hi folks

I have just completed my NVQ level 3 in Beauty Therapy and I am very excited (and a little confused) about what to do next!

I am working full time as a receptionist at an accountancy firm but want to eventually leave and work as a full time Therapist.

Since qualifying for level 2 i have been doing treatments on friends & family and have built up a clientele of probably 10 people, by just doing treatments in the evenings & weekends. I am 30 years old and feel fairly confident in doing treatments and have years of experience with working with the public.

I cant afford to give up my full time job, but a room is available in a local, small hotel/gym/golf complex for £5 per hour.

Do you think it is a good idea to take this room for a couple of evenings a week?? Is this a good way to begin self-employment? I feel excited about this opportunity, and the clientele are largely more mature, with presumably more disposable income.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thank you

Latest posts

Back