Renting a salon - help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephy

Reaction score
Hey everyone. First post here for me but long time lurker!

Basically I've found a nice wee salon, good rent etc. But this is my first time ever doing this, and wonder what I need to do to accept and go ahead with it? Do I need a lawyer or anything ? Or can I just go ahead with the owner collecting his rent monthly from me and go about my business ? Many thanks for any help!

There are a few different laws in Scotland. So you really need to check on a few things.

If you wish to rent it, inform the owner or estate agent. Yes you really need an rental agreement to protect yourself. I inform my solicitor and she draws one up for my commercial tenants.

In England it is common practice for the tenant to pay for the landlords solicitor and the buildings insurance.

There are a few different laws in Scotland. So you really need to check on a few things.

If you wish to rent it, inform the owner or estate agent. Yes you really need an rental agreement to protect yourself. I inform my solicitor and she draws one up for my commercial tenants.

In England it is common practice for the tenant to pay for the landlords solicitor and the buildings insurance.
Thanks becky. I have already met with the owner of the building. I know that I will need to pay the insurance for when I am using the property, aswell as gas and electricity.

So he should have something drawn up for me to sign ?

You need to get a solicitor to contact his solicitor to go through the agreement

Don't just sign it, you need to make sure it protects you.

Latest posts

Back