Renting a table, what fee?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sarita

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what would be a reasonable fee for renting a table at a salon? I would like to rent space at a hairdressers perhaps and be indepandant to them in the sense of ordering my own products keeping my own diary etc.

But i would like to know what some of you doing this pay and under what terms and conditions you work in?

Many thanx
x Sara x

Hi Sara
there have been a few threads about renting space recently, if you use 'search' there will be loads for you to read about it.
hth
Sandi

the threads I've seen over the last few months have all seemed to discuss an average of 25%.

The salon I worked in before charged me 30%.

My big sis is coming to work with me soon, and I'll be charging her 20% I think!

hth x

thank you both for your help! I might go for weekly rate rather than % but i dont know yet. Ill probably advertise now and see if i get more people.

Thanks again x

I too have been thinking about renting a space in a salon the only thing that i worry about and its going to sound so stupid but..................................wot do you do when the phone rings and your with a client you can't expect the hairdressers to answer your calls if you are independant from them and you can't just leave a client half way through a treatment to answer the phone.

I am mobile and when i'm with a client i switch my phone off.

Sounds really stupid don't it! I was just wondering thats all.

I always take a call because if people are looking to have their nails done then chances are they are phoning around, and if they can't get hold of you then they'll go with someone they can. I just hold the phone between my ear and shoulder and talk and work at the same time, and apologise to the client, they understand that business is business. We have invested in portable digital phones so that the hair salon downstairs can transfer calls up to us, or phone up when clients arrive, it works really well.

Hi Jodie

I used to be like you and felt rude taking calls whilst with clients but now i do as per Sassy mentions. I was losing business by letting calls go through to answer machine or getting missed calls and when i had rung them back i was too late !

REALLY clients DO NOT mind at all. I always apologise and excuse myself if i need to stop working on them for a moment whilst i make a note if the caller has a lot of questions i offer to call them back once i have finished with current client. If i know the caller is family or friend then i mute and let it go through to answer machine !

Also if you are not seen to take the calls etc whilst with a client, what happens if that client needs to get hold of you urgently only she knows you always turn your phone off for a couple of hours !

Hope this helps hun

kx

glittergirl said:
I too have been thinking about renting a space in a salon the only thing that i worry about and its going to sound so stupid but..................................wot do you do when the phone rings and your with a client you can't expect the hairdressers to answer your calls if you are independant from them and you can't just leave a client half way through a treatment to answer the phone.

I am mobile and when i'm with a client i switch my phone off.

Sounds really stupid don't it! I was just wondering thats all.

Latest posts

Back