Renting own salon, any information?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeautyQueen91

Reaction score
I am intrested in renting a room out that i am hoping to use as a salon for treatments such as massage etc. The room that i am going to rent out is £20 a week, does this seem a little low? i thought it did sound a little cheap, do you think there may be any hidden extras??

The room is within a building that already rents out rooms to other therapists etc. From the money i earn, would i have to pay things such as tax and stuff?

Just need a little bit of advice but dont know where to look?

Thanks
xxx

that is really cheap from what ive read on here..and i wouldnt rent out room for £20 a week..:eek:

but they could be really desperate to rent it out so are offering it really low...
which if that is the case is a really good deal..

i know some places that start cheap e.g 40.00 and after a month increase slightly so you have a chance to get started. but they would they would tell you that i assume..

and id check that it includes all bills etc just incase...

Yes that is incedibly cheap. Check carefully regarding extras. Are the other therapists busy?
I would be very suspicious of this as the salon owner will only just cover utility bills on the room at that amount, let alone rates plus a bit of profit.
The average in my area is around 150 per week. It may be cheaper in other parts of the country, but are you sure it's not 20 per day?

Hi, ive been to the place today. within the building, there are two other therapists in different rooms, and a reception area etc. I am planning on renting the back building, which has two seperate rooms. within it it has a couch, nail bar etc. we have worked out the price at the viewing today, and it is £60 a week. They say i can open when ever i went etc, and this IS ALL BILLS INCLUDED. i think its a great deal, as i can make £60 in 2 hours!! also, as there is two rooms in it (which is included in the £60 a week), me and my friend are going to do it!! im so excited!! so only £30 a week, and its in the town center!

Does anyone know any information on inland revene?
thanks
x

£60 is still good :) i did think £20 was low..

Hi, ive been to the place today. within the building, there are two other therapists in different rooms, and a reception area etc. I am planning on renting the back building, which has two seperate rooms. within it it has a couch, nail bar etc. we have worked out the price at the viewing today, and it is £60 a week. They say i can open when ever i went etc, and this IS ALL BILLS INCLUDED. i think its a great deal, as i can make £60 in 2 hours!! also, as there is two rooms in it (which is included in the £60 a week), me and my friend are going to do it!! im so excited!! so only £30 a week, and its in the town center!

Does anyone know any information on inland revene?
thanks
x

That is a fantastic price, looks like you have got yourself a fabby deal so the very best of luck!

Re Inland Revenue you will need to register as self-employed and they will send you lots of info on what you can and can't do. Do register asap as there is a fine if you don't. You can also register online at the inland rev website, just google it:)

Latest posts

Back