resolutions?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IllumeGirl

Reaction score
its getting to that time soon when everyone makes a new years resolution. mine is to perfect my sculpts, get more airbrushing in and not be afraid of gels! and definitley some one on one training.

well I made a resolution a few years back that I have stuck to, and that was never to make another New Year's resolution as I never keep them, BUT I HAVE THIS ONE lol!

However, on my nail wish list for next year is to conquer decent smiles :D , get that wretched line of light mastered as it haunts me big style (so much easier before I knew of its existence!!) .......................................................................................

and enter my first comp (i know I said this last year, but Christine - Urban geek- has permission to shoot me if I don't this time!)

hi sas excuse me being thick but whats the line of light?:Scared:

do you really want to know? It will haunt you FOR EVER!!!

Oh lord I am so pants at explaining things without visual aids. When you have finished your nails, if you look at them the light is reflected back off them right? Well this light is reflected in a line down the nail and that line should be a straight line, with no bumps, dips or deviances AT ALL. This means you have them PERFECTLY smooth and even, AND IT DRIVES ME INSANE COS MINE AREN'T!!!!!

I don't think i have explained it well, there is something about it in a tutorial from Geeg, or someone else may be able to explain better.

Sassy Hassy said:
do you really want to know? It will haunt you FOR EVER!!!

Oh lord I am so pants at explaining things without visual aids. When you have finished your nails, if you look at them the light is reflected back off them right? Well this light is reflected in a line down the nail and that line should be a straight line, with no bumps, dips or deviances AT ALL. This means you have them PERFECTLY smooth and even, AND IT DRIVES ME INSANE COS MINE AREN'T!!!!!

I don't think i have explained it well, there is something about it in a tutorial from Geeg, or someone else may be able to explain better.

Edit : here's the link from Geeg about it http://www.thenailgeek.com/tutorials/8418-file-control-part-3-perfect-finishing.html

oh my god another thing to perfect! i thought getting my zone 3 nice and flush after YEARS was bad enough. will be looking at that 2nite- thanks sas!:hug:

Told you!!!! That ruddy line of light will haunt you, you'll have nightmares! It should come with a health warning! :Scared: :eek:

Latest posts

Back