Retaining nail client

• Thread starter Cheshire Nail Beauty
  • Start date
SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Cheshire Nail Beauty

i just wondered if anyone could maybe suggest how I can improve my client retention. I have quite a few regular clients who have shellac and/or extensions.

In the last couple of weeks I've taken on a few new clients and have contacted them out of courtesy to make sure they were happy with their nails. I haven't had a reply from two of them and it's made me a bit paranoid. All my other clients are fine, no problems.

I also struggle to suggest clients booking their next appointment and lwyas try and be laid back so I'm not "pushy" to get them to rebook. I've thought about maybe giving new clients an incentive to rebook their next appointment maybe with 15% if they book it there and then.....

Any ideas? Does anyone else contact clients for feedback after nails??

I don't ask for feedback because not only is that time consuming to contact every client but I think that it would prompt them to come up with problems! If there's something wrong with their nails they will most likely tell you.

If a client wants to book in with you again, then they will. Focus on your service rather than selling their next appointment. If a client has a fab experience with you then they will definitely want to come back again. I wouldn't bother offering a % off as a bribe either because what if they do it as a whim and then cancel because they either don't really want to come back or can't afford it?

I have loyalty cards which work out quite well, I sign them and write down their next appointment. All I say is "Would you like to book in for your next appointment?" and mention something about how I get fully booked quickly so don't leave it to the last minute, which they know anyway :)

I don't ask for feedback because not only is that time consuming to contact every client but I think that it would prompt them to come up with problems! If there's something wrong with their nails they will most likely tell you.

If a client wants to book in with you again, then they will. Focus on your service rather than selling their next appointment. If a client has a fab experience with you then they will definitely want to come back again. I wouldn't bother offering a % off as a bribe either because what if they do it as a whim and then cancel because they either don't really want to come back or can't afford it?

I have loyalty cards which work out quite well, I sign them and write down their next appointment. All I say is "Would you like to book in for your next appointment?" and mention something about how I get fully booked quickly so don't leave it to the last minute, which they know anyway :)

Yeh I think I'm just panicking or a little paranoid to be honest as one of the clients has contacted me today saying nails still fab. I'm quite lucky that most clients rebook but wonder where do the other few go

We are both based in Cheshire by the looks of it :).

I'm based at home in the middle of the countryside which means I have to work quite hard to get people through the door in the first place

Yeh I think I'm just panicking or a little paranoid to be honest as one of the clients has contacted me today saying nails still fab. I'm quite lucky that most clients rebook but wonder where do the other few go

We are both based in Cheshire by the looks of it :).

I'm based at home in the middle of the countryside which means I have to work quite hard to get people through the door in the first place

Some clients only get their nails done twice a year so don't worry about it too much!

I have a beauty room in a lovely grade 1 listed building but it's hidden away so I know how you feel. I think when settings are more relaxing, private and personal some clients are more likely to rebook so it makes up for lack of footfall :)

At the end of the day, a nail service is a want, not a need. So I don't like to be pushy either.... I put a message on facebook the other day saying how I'm booking up faster so if people have a day/time that suits them best, remember to re-book at each appointment to avoid disappointment which seemed to encourage my regulars to start re-booking ahead of time instead of hoping to get in last minute :) Nice to see the diary booked weeks in advance! Also maybe try advertising any free appts left this week - if it seems there's only one spot left this week - they want it!
I also agree that chasing people up about their nails is only opening them up to find fault.
I'm always surprised to see people back who I thought would be a one time client but actually, they just get say, their toes done twice a summer etc and that's enough for them. Hang in there! Everything balances out in the end and it takes a loooong time to build a strong following :)

Latest posts

Back