Rio UV nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beauty babe

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this site and wonder if any one can help me.

I have recently purchased a Rio UV nails kit. I have applied the gel to my own nails and this is fantasic. The only thing is I have no ideal how to get it off. I have tried soaking the nails in acetone and buffing but nothing seems to shift it!

Does anyone out there have one of these kits? If so how do you remove your gel?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.:?:

I do not know anything about these kits. They are designed for home use only rather than for salon use. Does it not tell you in the instructions how to remove the nails?

Depending on the type of gel it should either soak off or buff off. If it is a rubbery gel then the chances are that it is a soakable one - how long did you soak for? If it is not soakable then it will need to be buffed off - but very very carefully.

If the removal instructions are not clear then you could do untold damage to your natural nails by buffing too much.

Without meaning to sound harsh - if you are not a nail technician but a member of the public then I am disappointed that you have chosen to use a home kit then are asking the professionals how to sort it - would you use a home perming or colouring kit and then ask your hairdresser how to fix it.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but we have spent a lot of time effort and money on training and to help improve the standards within the nail industry and there are these home care kits out there which are leading to untold damage to the natural nails due to lack of instructions.

beauty babe said:
Hi I am new to this site and wonder if any one can help me.

I have recently purchased a Rio UV nails kit. I have applied the gel to my own nails and this is fantasic. The only thing is I have no ideal how to get it off. I have tried soaking the nails in acetone and buffing but nothing seems to shift it!

Does anyone out there have one of these kits? If so how do you remove your gel?

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.:?:

Hiya, dont worry, if i was you i would go to a local qualified nail technician and ask if they could remove them for you. They will charge you but at least you know your nails will be ok afterwards. xx Then if you have a love for nails you could get loads of info on here and maybe book a course to help you in the future, You could take a career change and join the club. xxx

p.s i must admit i have hacked at my hair, made a mess of it and ran screaming to my hairdressers to sort it out for me. but only once, i did learn my lesson. xxx

NailStyle said:
Hiya, dont worry, if i was you i would go to a local qualified nail technician and ask if they could remove them for you. They will charge you but at least you know your nails will be ok afterwards. xx Then if you have a love for nails you could get loads of info on here and maybe book a course to help you in the future, You could take a career change and join the club. xxx

p.s i must admit i have hacked at my hair, made a mess of it and ran screaming to my hairdressers to sort it out for me. but only once, i did learn my lesson. xxx

Hi Angie

Thanks for your reply. I will certainly do that.

Do you know of any good courses (that are not too expensive!).

Hiya, try a search on here, just type course or training and you will fine loads. I can only recommend Creative/Designer Nails as i have only had training with them and imo they are brill. As for cost i dont think its expensive but others may disagree...I think some people go college, so you could ask at your local college to see if they do courses. I would def get as much info as you can first and look at things like back up support with the company, ongoing training as you may get the bug and want to go all the way to the top. Best of luck, let me know how you get on xxx

went to england recently to see family and shop, shop, shop etc..... watched my sis-in-law "do" her nails with Rio... I was not a happy bunny, explained to her the pitfalls etc but think it fell on deaf ears.
my mother-in-law offered to get me a rio kit :eek: ummm no thank you... in the nicest way possible.

she had run out of the rio gel and got some more from Sally's using her daughters hairdressing card, I asked her if she knew the wattage of the UV light, she said no, asked her if she knew what wattage bulb the sally's gel needed, she said no again... tried to explain that there are differences etc but to no avail. my mother-in-law overlayed her nails with rio and after 1 day they were chipping off and taking off a layer of nail plate too, her nails looked awful. neither of them had any idea of how to remove them.

EDUCATION is the only way to get the point across about these home kits, sorry for sounding negative but there is a reason that qualified nail techs exist, it's all to do with training and knowledge.

"puts soapbox away" :o

have a 'search' for training, there are some very good training courses available with different companies, research the ones you are interested in and compare them, not in price as much but what they are offering you and how indepth the training is.

x

Latest posts

Back