Ripped earring holes in ears

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks chicafish. I just googled some pics and I think mine is bigger than 1.2mm so in hoping it will shrink more if I give it longer. Il also apply bio oil hoping that will help.

I can't pierce next to it as there is no room to do so.
X

I've stretched mine again a few months ago to an 8 (about 3.2mm... not as big as before). Standard size for ear piercings is 18 gauge (a little over 1mm). I know if I leave the flesh tunnel out of them, they will just shrink back. Yours should hopefully shrink with time. You have to bear in mind you've probably been stretching them over a long period of time with heavy earrings, so tit will take some time and patience. :)

Attachments

• 65331_441389635898912_1181712786_n.jpg
    65331_441389635898912_1181712786_n.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 3,126
Ah great thanks for the pic. I would say mine looks that sort of size although it's closer to the bottom of my earlobe.
My earrings just fall out now through the other side. I actually like the look of your stretches. If my rip wasn't so close to the edge and didn't shrink I would be tempted to do what you have done as it looks better than nothing being in them at all. X

When my son was a baby he used to pull on my mum's earrings and he ended up ripping her earlobe, one day her earring just fell right out. She went to see her GP and after about 6 months she got surgery to repair her ear. She managed to get the surgery done on the NHS, so fingers crossed if surgery is your only option, you may not have to go private.

Also I just wanted to reassure you that it doesn't look too bad x x

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek

I highly doubt the NHS would do it now! The only purpose it serves is cosmetic! They won't even remove moles anymore as that is seen as cosmetic so I doubt they would stitch it up unless it constantly kept getting infected etc

Ah great thanks for the pic. I would say mine looks that sort of size although it's closer to the bottom of my earlobe.
My earrings just fall out now through the other side. I actually like the look of your stretches. If my rip wasn't so close to the edge and didn't shrink I would be tempted to do what you have done as it looks better than nothing being in them at all. X

I was hoping it would put you a little at ease. :) When I had the 2 gauge, it stretched very close to the edge. You could use silicone or wooden flesh tunnels. They're much lighter than the metal ones so they won't stretch the piercing any further. But instead of wearing one that stretches it (like I do) you would want one that's one size smaller. Would be a good way to keep track of if it's shrinking cuz it would start to get difficult to put on.

I highly doubt the NHS would do it now! The only purpose it serves is cosmetic! They won't even remove moles anymore as that is seen as cosmetic so I doubt they would stitch it up unless it constantly kept getting infected etc

Yes I agree, it is classed as cosmetic

I've stretched mine again a few months ago to an 8 (about 3.2mm... not as big as before). Standard size for ear piercings is 18 gauge (a little over 1mm). I know if I leave the flesh tunnel out of them, they will just shrink back. Yours should hopefully shrink with time. You have to bear in mind you've probably been stretching them over a long period of time with heavy earrings, so tit will take some time and patience. :)

I used to have a 10mm gauge and now it's shrank down to as small as it can go.. This is going to to sound really gross but it still has that smell like if I rub the earlobe does yours?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I used to have a 10mm gauge and now it's shrank down to as small as it can go.. This is going to to sound really gross but it still has that smell like if I rub the earlobe does yours?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

oh yea! That stays. :lol: You just have to stay on top of keeping them clean and avoiding build up (which is what that smell is). If you can, try not to wear any earrings when you sleep. Clean your ear lobes and earrings at least every 2 days. Avoid using surgical spirits/rubbing alcohol on the ear lobes cuz that just irritates the piercing and makes it stink worse. I wash with tea tree soap and it seems to work just fine.

Latest posts

Back