Salon Burnt Down

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh my gosh, what an awful situation for you to be in :( i sure do hope you get yourself sorted out and back up and running soon.
x

I am so very sorry to hear this my darling. I lived in Plymouth for a long time and love the city very much.

I am sure you will pick yourself up from this but for now, I am sure I speak for everyone on here, our thoughts and best wishes are with you! ;)

Sorry to hear this Jason. Let me know if I can help; I have an abundance of wax and waxing paraphernalia :hug:

So sorry. Glad no one was hurt. Hope you get back up and running again soon. :hug:

Thinking of you Jason and here's hoping a great venue will be yours soon! Stay strong xxx

:eek: I've only just seen this thread.

I'm not sure what I can say tbh, except what an awful thing to experience.

I hope that things improve for you soon and that you can get yourself up and running again in the not too distant future.

:hug:

I too wanted to express my condolences and offer my support to you, Jason. What an awful thing to happen. But I've no doubt that you'll get yourself back up and running again soon - remember "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger".

It's touching to read all the lovely responses to your thread, and they just go to show the incredible support that you can get through a community like SalonGeek. You won't be alone in this :hug:

Try to keep your chin up x

Update;

The building people are nearly fininshed with cleaning the scaffold that was already around the building (aparently all the aspestos needs to be managed) - then they'll take down the old scaffold and put a new one up that covers up the roof and then we'll be allowed back to see what we can salvage.

We're all hoping this will happen before it rains again!

I'm very lucky to have found some temporary premesis - they're shared and somehwat far from ideal, but I am very grateful. BIG Thanks to the Plymouth Chiropractic Clinic.

Thanks geeks for your continued support. x

Just to add if you post a list of any items that would help get you back on your feet a bit quicker I would be more than happy to help out as I am sure loads of other people would xxxxxx

I just saw your thread... I'm very sorry to hear about your Salon and I hope you're over the shock of it!!

Thank you very much for posting this, as it gives us all something to think about... I know it sounds silly, but I'd be in BIG trouble if I lost my appointment book and don't have anything backed up............. thanks to your thread, that will change ASAP :hug:

shocking news Jason....difficult to now what to say that hasn't already been said.....thank goodness there were no injuries.....I wish you all the best and hope things will be up and running again soon for you and your staff..please pass on my best wishes...

I am sorry to hear what has happened, but you sound like you have a good head on your shoulders so am sure you will make a good recovery. Good luck

Jason - firstly I'm really sorry to hear about your terrible news.

To me the fundamentals a salon should have the following:

Comprehensive Insurance. It’s worth paying a little more with the premium if you know that your stock will be replaced and you will have the support to work from a temporary unit whilst work is carried out to rebuild your salon.

Computer System. A system (like Shortcuts) allows salon owners to print out appointments with client details the day before. There’s also a backup service (known as BackMEup). This ensures users can get an immediate restore of all their data at any time as there’s also a 24/7 telephone service on hand to help out.

Good Supplier Relationships. I quite often pick suppliers that I can build relationships with rather than just the cheapest price on offer. This means that they are more likely to go the extra mile and help you out when needed. Thankfully the most I have ever needed to ask for is for quicker than normal delivery...

Positive Mental Attitude. Stay strong and focused on getting your business back on track (which it sounds like you are from your posts). Staff and others around you can draw from that and if you all rally round I’m sure you’ll be fine in the very near future.

Hope all goes well with the rebuild and best of luck with your business.
Paul :)

Paul, errm, thanks for post - but I have to say that to me it reads like you are trying to nick the wallet off a "dead tramp". I wanted people to think about how they would sustain their very individual businesess - rather than provide a platform for you and other non-geeks to flog their wares. I strongly feel you've misplaced your support. We're a bright lot and can source our own IT solutions when we want! I see little to indicate you are here for no other reason than selling or promoting your proprietary solution.

Cheers all the same,
Jason
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), BSC.

Oh Jason you are not a dead tramp!! Lol. For what it's worth that exactly how I read it too. Some people don't realise how clever we are.
Chin up trampy. xxx

Paul, errm, thanks for post - but I have to say that to me it reads like you are trying to nick the wallet off a "dead tramp". I wanted people to think about how they would sustain their very individual businesess - rather than provide a platform for you and other non-geeks to flog their wares. I strongly feel you've misplaced your support. We're a bright lot and can source our own IT solutions when we want! I see little to indicate you are here for no other reason than selling or promoting your proprietary solution.

Cheers all the same,
Jason
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), BSC.

Hi Jason - the support was genuine, although I do indeed work for a software company we are all people here and we think it is terrible what happened to you and your business.

Most of the people that work for Shortcuts have been in the hair and beauty industries for years and are pretty 'geeky' - we're not just sales-driven and out to take every penny possible. I hope that is reflected with our very loyal client base & the fact that we are open and honest with everyone we deal with.

The reason we are present on the site is to raise awareness of our offering but also to offer any support or advice we feel qualified to give. I personally have had a lot of experience in graphic design & print - if you see some of my other posts I have given advice in that area.

Please accept my apologies if the previous post was misinterpreted and all the very best with the rebuild.

Paul.

there's a couple of pics on my blog to help you think about the worst scenario x

Oh God .. that's really shocked me!!

My God Jason, how horrific. It says so much about you that faced with this situation you still try to help others focus on what may happen.
You are a top bloke and I wish you all the luck in the world to get built back up. Hold onto your wallet Trampy!! :lol: xx

Latest posts

Back