Salon in a busy shopping centre?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annabel12

Reaction score
Hi geeks! As title says - prons and cons of such a location?
I'm thinking of moving my salon from little town in a rural area (too small market) to large shopping centre at the country border. There's 2 hair salons there but no beauty.
Any thoughts?

It could be a really good move as there may be lot of passing trade, I live in Leeds and the ones at the shopping centre and town centres do really well. Are the hair dressers getting plenty of trade?
Only thing that would put me off is out goings I could be wrong but I would expect rental cost to be high.
You could always go chat with people visiting the shopping centre see if they would use a salon there?

Thank you.
I was there today and haidressers chairs were empty but it was quite late and not many people there.
Here in town centre rent is huge and plenty of competition so it wouldn't make much difference - I'm only not sure that clients would see it as a place to go for something more then quick nails... I wanted to push more expensive stuff like permanent make up, microblading etc. There are nail bars in shopping centres but not proper salons..

Would depend on what your over heads will be.
I have a friend who managed to negotiate a really low rent within a centre.
Only draw back was there was no guarantee as to how long she could have it for!
She has since moved on, but it served her well.
Very high foot fall in a secure environment.

Latest posts

Back