SALON therapist working near my salon doesn't have NVQ 2 or 3?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elise@beautuqe

Reaction score
hi all, i went to collage and trained:rolleyes: hard for 3 years< gathering nvq 2and 3 i have worked as a therapist for 8 years and have had my own salon for 3 years...i have a salon round the corner fom me and from what i undersand its a famliy runsalon which i think is great how ever i know that there are therapists working on clients and carrying out treatments such as waxing cagel etc and they have not got the relavent qulifications how is this fair when people like me train so hard for so long only to come up agasnt this.Iam confident that my standards are very high and i dont see this kind of salon as competition but i feel frustrated !!! will they be insured??

How do you know for certain that they haven't got the relevant qualifications? I have neither NVQ 2 or 3 in beauty therapy, yet I am fully trained, qualified and insured to carry out all the treatments on my menu.
Why are you frustrated? Surely your energies would be better spent on ensuring that your treatments and services are of the highest quality? I wouldn't waste any time fretting about them.

I know many girls in my area doing nails mobile whom are not qualified but it doesn't bother me.

If the people round here want to pay less than i charge for an unqualifed therapist who's whole service is likely to be unprofessional, perhaps unsafe and even not to the standard I would like leave them be, they get what they pay for and if the client is happy with that then they're not the type of client i want.

You're qualified and if they are not as you say, you're not even in the same league! It really is wasted time and energy thinking of them, you can use it in much better ways x

Don't let fear make you bitter.
You don't know what private training they've done so you really shouldn't spread rumours......all it will do is make you look bad.

I know it's hard but just focus on your own business and make that brilliant. xxx

As has been said, I think you should stay focussed on what you are doing and don't be too absorbed in your competition.

If it is a case that their training is not up to scratch, the fact that you have been well trained and have so much experience will speak for itself. :)

I would imagine that after 8 years you will have built up a great business with strong, regular clientelle. It is annoying but we have a lot of people doing lots of things they are not qualified to do, driving seems to be the most common of these, with no insurance! So, even if you are right about the lack of qualifications it will not touch your business and you know that you have all the relevent training and that you are doing a good job!

Life is just too short to try to right all wrongs and worrying about them will drive you round the bend! :eek:

Latest posts

Back