Same problem over and over again with light brown

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michelle v

Reaction score
Hi guys first to say i'm new to this site glad i found it. i'm looking for an advice from others proffesionals.
Well here is my problem. My syster has a medium to dark browm and she always wanted to go lighter. So she was using a home color. Loreal light ass brown 6.A but those products always turn her hair brassy so after many trys she came to my to have her hair done by a pro, so i told her she can not get that kind of color in just one stet so i decided to do a bleach bath, full head because she has kind of short hair, so after the bleach i used wella light ass brown but the result wasn't what i wanted. The resulting color was lighter than expected more of a medium brassy blond under sun light and no brown at all, the color was fine under cool lights but under sun light you could see the red orange undertone and that's what i don't want, so i told to my mother because she has been doing hair for 30 years and she told me brown are always to have red orange or brassy refflections under sun light because of the pigmentation. So next time i told her to go dark blonde to get rid of those orange tones since blondes have less red pigmentation so we did again the bleach bath used wella dark blonde and guess what? The resulting color was the same than using light ass brown and not diference at all, the same medium brassy blond. So my question is how you guys get a true cool light ash brown or cool dark ash blonde without those red orange brassy under tones. Is there a problem with wella to achive this colors or the bleach bath need to be done twice to get a true pale yellow and then apply the color or i should use a toner to cool down the color. She just want a light ash brown the coolest the better and no orange red or brassy undertones, i wonder if this is even possible lol. For the bleach i'm using loreal quick blue. So please guys need your help to get this job done right. I'm lucky nobody asked for this in my salon.

Firstly bleach bath tint then bleach bath???!?
By the way you are saying it you are using box colours unless wella have changed to lettering system since last time I checked.

DONT bleach bath it again! Just tint it with the desired base colour alone with 3% or less if you have as the hair will probably be "knackered" after so much bleaching.

you keep saying 'light ass brown' ???? im confused lol! i dont really understand your post but i agree, dont bleach bath again!!!

Go back to your shade chart and underlying pigments, if your trying to get a cool or ash as you say on level 6 using blue ash won't do a thing, so use a flat base colour which has green in, cause your trying to neutralise red. why you bleach bathed in the first place I'm confused about

Bleach bath?? Oh god. Like blue rinse said, the underlying pigments are orange/red so to counteract that you need a green pigment, and thats the flat base, in wella thats all the naturals and intense shades. Like 6/0, 7/0 or 6/00 and 7/00. Basic colouring knowledge tbh, i think you need further training on this one :).....poor hair :(:eek:

Latest posts

Back