Saturday only

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buttercup Honey

Reaction score
I have been working in a salon on Saturdays since the summer and although nervous as hell gradually picking up new skills and confidence. Love the salon, the staff and the clients are really nice and its very busy. Thing is.. I am finding it v hard to build up a clientele of my own, everyone knows the other stylists and I suppose they are gradually getting to know me on Sat but is one day enough? I have stopped doing anyone new at home and only do maybe one or two a week and that suits me fine. I have been offered more work during the week which I would love to take on but I have no family nearby, have always been at home for the kids and still want to be as they come first.
What I'm asking you guys is do you think Saturdays are enough to build up a clientele? Thanks xxx

Quite frankly no...i think saturdays are very unpredicatable, in my salon i find its more busier during the week and saturdays are hit and miss. I think depending on the age of your kids, you should take up the offer of working more hours and not to be so choosy with new clients, as this is a missed oppertunity for you to gain a regular clientelle!! hths xoxo

Thanks for the reply ww :biggrin:
Sorry, I may have explained myself wrongly.
I have only got back into hairdressing under a year ago after a break of about 10 years. I totally love it now more than ever and had serious confidence issues at the beginning which I am slowing breaking thanks to doing a few refresher courses.
I had only been doing a few mobile clients until I started work and see now that I love the salon and not interested in any new mobile clients. I have been telling anyone new that contacts me to come into the salon on Saturday as I am focusing more on salon work now.
How many days would you say would be enough to be accepted fully by clients?
btw my youngest is 6:biggrin:

I think its different everywhere - i have a wee boy so only work Tues/Thurs and 3 hours late night on Wed and finding the clients few and far between in the salon in general, not just specific to me so finding it hard to build up clientele, meet daily target! and absolutely envy the amount of clients walking in on saturdays when im not there!! :(

Latest posts

Back