Saving to open my own salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colorjunkie

Reaction score
i am saving to open my own salon and i was wondering what the start up costs are to open so i can have a round about idea of how much i should save

Hi there,
I can't give you specific price details but you need to think about these things :

1. how much it will cost you to open a salon / rent out
2. Electricity bills
3. Water bills

It really is impossible to give an amount as there are so many variables. You need to make a list of everything you need such as the rent & attendent solicitor costs if a lease is involved, signage, printing, all fixtures/fittings, products, business rates, refuse collection (as it's not always part of business rates), public liability & contents insurances, electricity, water rates, telephone bill, card machine (if using one), licenses (if performing electrolysis, also data protection & to play music in the salon). When I did it I found it easier to list everything I needed, then everything I wanted if I could afford it, and ended up somewhere between the two.

Yes its always tough to determine exactly what it will cost to open the doors of a new salon. However it is an essential task.
Also you should take into consideration what will be your monthly breakeven costs so you will know exactly how much you will need to bring in in sales each month to cover all of your expenses.

All the best...

Billy.

The Successful Salon - Successful Growth Strategies for Salons and Spas

Latest posts

Back