Scalp bleach- Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazmine

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls, having been initially L'Oreal trained I have only ever done a scalp bleach with platinum...now using wella, any tips for scalp bleaching with wella? Planning to use the blue bleach with 9% on root area , what would you advise for the max development?

The client has found me from my previous salon and in the time that I have not been doing her hair it has gone an unattractive shade of yellow blonde. Her hair will lift to a clean white so I am thinking the product has not been left on long enough and/or a sufficient amount applied.

So I was planning to give the ends a gentle lift, would bleach with pastel be strong enough, she has very short hair, condition really good and has very regular cuts so am happy tht her hair is strong enough to take some extra lifting it's just a case of do I use pastel or 6%.

An last question she wants to get it a real ashy grey-but soft so again I was planning to time with pastel any ideas for a good colour mix? I remember when I did some wella change per training they did a scalp bleach demo and they toned her hair after drying it, do you prefer to tone wet or dry hair?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

:)

Hi guys and girls, having been initially L'Oreal trained I have only ever done a scalp bleach with platinum...now using wella, any tips for scalp bleaching with wella? Planning to use the blue bleach with 9% on root area , what would you advise for the max development?

The client has found me from my previous salon and in the time that I have not been doing her hair it has gone an unattractive shade of yellow blonde. Her hair will lift to a clean white so I am thinking the product has not been left on long enough and/or a sufficient amount applied.

So I was planning to give the ends a gentle lift, would bleach with pastel be strong enough, she has very short hair, condition really good and has very regular cuts so am happy tht her hair is strong enough to take some extra lifting it's just a case of do I use pastel or 6%.

An last question she wants to get it a real ashy grey-but soft so again I was planning to time with pastel any ideas for a good colour mix? I remember when I did some wella change per training they did a scalp bleach demo and they toned her hair after drying it, do you prefer to tone wet or dry hair?

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions!

:)

Only use 6% on the scalp and try the granules white bleach I prefer to blue in wella, when toning pastel is great for this and to lift he ends slightly too :) maybe 10/96 depending what base she is x

Thanks, will give the granules a go, smells nicer to! So 6% would you go for 55minutes as your max development? Yes 10/96 with pastel is a fab over highlights and bet it looks stunning over a scalp bleach.

Slightly nervous about using wella as I was so used to L'Oreal platinum but I by far prefer wella on the whole, the product just seem richer and you can have great fun with toning, I feel more comfortable watching a tonner work in wella, L'Oreal seemed to grab, would you tone on wet or dry?

Thanks, will give the granules a go, smells nicer to! So 6% would you go for 55minutes as your max development? Yes 10/96 with pastel is a fab over highlights and bet it looks stunning over a scalp bleach.

Slightly nervous about using wella as I was so used to L'Oreal platinum but I by far prefer wella on the whole, the product just seem richer and you can have great fun with toning, I feel more comfortable watching a tonner work in wella, L'Oreal seemed to grab, would you tone on wet or dry?

Yes just watch and depending how dark she is, either apply more after 30 mins or rinse...and start again but normally I apply more as its easier,
Rinse bleach off shampoo, quick condition, then towel dry so it's not ringing wet, gives you more apicatipn time, 10/96 on a scalp bleach is amazing when it's done!

Thank your,wonderful help, she's only a base 6...yes I like to re-apply as the bleach can dry out and I get to thourghly double check my application. Thanks again

Thank your,wonderful help, she's only a base 6...yes I like to re-apply as the bleach can dry out and I get to thourghly double check my application. Thanks again

your very welcome, yh from a 6 it shouldnt lift out to bad! im a 5and it used to lift my great!

Latest posts

Back