Scalp Bleach

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazmine

Reaction score
Hi what would you guys charge for a scalp bleach, it's a first time application, on shortish hair, difficult to know what to charge. For a root touch up I'd charge 45-55 so is 65 for a first time application two much. Based on an appt time she is going to be with me for two hours and I am freelance within the salon so my wages are based On what I make. Saying that I don't want to over charge. Cheers guys

Does that include cbd?
To be fair bleaches don't take much longer than a regular colour in my experience, but I usually try not to bleach the scalp, just in foil, what's their natural colour or is it previously been coloured?
If virgin, go for highlift, if coloured bleach the hair that's been coloured only, apply a highlift on roots and then tone, which will incur a extra charge as its basically corrective, which for me is a per hour basis at £30 per half hour rounded up to the next half hour for the colour and blowdry only, cuts as always are charged extra, but at the basic rate (can be charged restyle if it is a restyle) xoxo

I wouldnt make it too complicated. Obviously if the product your using is an expensive one (As the best on-scalp bleaches are) let the client know that your using it to get the best result and and benefits of the condition it will keep their hair in, so there is a small extra fee of £blah and just add that onto your normal full head/global application price. Also an extra for the toner......But yeah don't go overboard but dont underprice.

I use Redken blonde glam power lift or ammonia-free depending on base shade ect

I think there's always a place for scalp bleach and if its used right the outcome can be amazing for a clean bright blonde if high-lift just doesnt cut it. Just depends what result you want to acheive I guess.

She's a base 7 with about 30% grey/white scattered through. Am confident a scalp bleach will look good on her and we will tone it to a soft grey or maybe mink. No I am a tech only she will see my college for her cbd so that's charged separately. If she were having a full head time with a semi or permanent it would cost £45, given its a slightly more technical process to get the colour perfect and then toning I though £55 would be right?

She's a base 7 with about 30% grey/white scattered through. Am confident a scalp bleach will look good on her and we will tone it to a soft grey or maybe mink. No I am a tech only she will see my college for her cbd so that's charged separately. If she were having a full head time with a semi or permanent it would cost £45, given its a slightly more technical process to get the colour perfect and then toning I though £55 would be right?

you might think it looks good but does it suit? full head bleach can look a bit druggy/council look sometimes and if done incorrect and toned wrong it will look cheap. this grey stage everyone wants is vile! it's so hard to acheive properly.

i'd say a beige tone is amazing! and not againg like grey look.

you might think it looks good but does it suit? full head bleach can look a bit druggy/council look sometimes and if done incorrect and toned wrong it will look cheap. this grey stage everyone wants is vile! it's so hard to acheive properly.

i'd say a beige tone is amazing! and not againg like grey look.

Lol a guy i used to work with called un-toned bleach, council house blonde...best way to describe it lol

Have to agree, beige is my favourite toner :)

It will suit she's a designer and one of those people who pull off pretty much anything hair an clothes wise, grey was maybe the wrong word-soft ash. :)

It will suit she's a designer and one of those people who pull off pretty much anything hair an clothes wise, grey was maybe the wrong word-soft ash. :)

No not suit her job role... her hair needs to suit her complexion and eyes! face shape, hair cut! and make her look wonderful....not drab!

It will, would suit the cut well to, we all know how wrongs scalp bleach can look I would have said no if I thought for a second it wouldn't work. Just unsure what to charge!

Latest posts

Back