sculpting a natural looking free edge using ezflow's powders

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

*JOANNE*

Reaction score
i do not do a lot of sculpting but i am going to start doing morenow after reading various threads with reguards to time/ and penny saving also the skill involved
my question is as the majority of my ladies have natural blended tips what would be a good mix using ezflow powders for a natural look.
although my ladies who have natural tips do have polish i think pink or natural would be to transparent.
have done a search but cant find any mixes for this using ezflow powders.

ezflows white powder is very soft looking compared to their truly white....maybe you could convert some of your clients to the softer white shade for sculpts instead of natural tips

stanleyann

CND custon blending kit would do the job , you could mix to match natural nails. xxxxxxxxxxxx

the look i am after is once my clients tip has grown out and has become a natural nail overlay if they then break a nail instead of tipping i would like to sculpt using a mix that actually matches the clients own natural free edge..if you get my meaning.
i only use ezflow powders so was wondering if i could mix white with natural and a smidgen of daffodil or citrine but what ratio would i use.
so was wondering if any one had a good ezflow mix for this

Hi Joanne

I asked a similar question a while back, i dont use ez flow so cant help with mixes i use creative but the general response i got was you cant sculpt with natural coloured powders because as you mentioned they are too transparent, so i think the best way is to apply natural tips as you do and eventually grow out the tips to be left with a natural nail overlay. Am knida new to nails so you maybe know more than me about this but thats thew info i was given, i suppose the other option is cutyom blending which creative do am not sure if ez flow do this too? hope this helps though!

*JOANNE* said:
i do not do a lot of sculpting but i am going to start doing morenow after reading various threads with reguards to time/ and penny saving also the skill involved
my question is as the majority of my ladies have natural blended tips what would be a good mix using ezflow powders for a natural look.
although my ladies who have natural tips do have polish i think pink or natural would be to transparent.
have done a search but cant find any mixes for this using ezflow powders.

hi Jo,
A poly white is a nice soft white but if you are looking for a creamier white more like gel it!s edge it! then try mixing a tiny amount of citrine from the gemstones collection in to your soft white.... only a tiny bit tho.... other wise they could look too yellow.... have a go and let us know how you get on

Jess
xox

When we went to excel last year Jo the two davids were doing custome blends with the ez flow powders i think its just a case of palying with them hun. do a search for custom blend and then convert the creative colours to ez flows that shoudl do the trick. sam ahs put a lots of recipes on here in regards to this .

CND colours
Quartz crystal (purple) Jade(green0 terra cotta (orange) cobalt glass (blue) golden glass (yelow) spanish tile (red) golden city (gold city lights (silver0 sin city (black) city of angels (copper0 city of peace (white twinly powder0 melting pot (twinkly brown) Glimmer (irridescent sparkel) twighlight (soft silver white shimmer)

HTH

had a go on robs nail tonight and used 2 parts natural and 3 parts white it looked ok but gonna get some citrine(yellow) and add a smidgen to that.
the colour did come out the same colour as a natural coloured nail tip.
gonna have another practise on my nail trainer tomorrow so will post some piccies then.
had a look through posts like you said scatty and converted the creative colours to the ezflow powders i have ezflow's "truly white" and "white" i reckon white would not be disimilar to creatives soft white.
same with citrine and your golden glass
cheers hun:hug:

if it goes to yellow try a smidgeon of brown but really small amount as they can turn it too beigey.

Latest posts

Back