Sculpting but not pink & white

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emmad

Reaction score
I've been extending my services to include sculpting and have a few clients with gel wraps who ocassionally need a natural nail lengthened this way. I'd like to offer this more instead of tips but most of my clients are in their 40's and 50's and dont favour the french look. I extend or repair currently using a clear builder gel to sculpt it doesnt look very natural but they all wear polish anyway. If I were to go more for sculpting generally (not just for nat nail clients) is it acceptable to use a clear gel or do I have to use white and build in a smile line regardless of whether it will be seen? Pity they dont do a 'natural' colour builder gel. I use IBD.

I'm getting loads of views on this but no replies so I'm guessing that its because most of you are sculpting with l & p and so mix powders to create a natural look.

Though I might experiment mixing gels. Perhaps just a smidge of white added to clear builder followed by a beige ultra seal.

Have any of you IBD techs used the beige ultra seal? I can imagine it takes the edge off the white tip.

IBD do do a natural builder gel as i've got one at home (i'm sure it's natural builder - got myself confused now???:confused:) . I picked it up by mistake, thinking it was the pink builder gel. As for the natural Ultraseal, i haven't tried that one, so not much help there.

Thanks Em! I cant see the product you mention anywhere in my catalogues or online. Where did you get yours from?

emmad said:
Thanks Em! I cant see the product you mention anywhere in my catalogues or online. Where did you get yours from?

I know i've just checked myself?? I got it from my local wholesalers - was well miffed when i realised i'd got natural instead of pink, but actually quite like it now.

Will check though when i get home and make sure i'm not just making it up.

Hi

yes you can get natural colour gels from most gel companies and yes IBD do do natural builder gel

Naughtynails said:
Hi

yes you can get natural colour gels from most gel companies and yes IBD do do natural builder gel

Thanks for that Jackie, thought i might of imagined it, wonder why it's not advertised in any catalogue???

Think I may have discovered the reason - do you have the Beauty Express Nail Book at all?
Well they have TWO sections for builder gels on the IBD page (p42). One with the usual clear, pink, white, and ultra white, and another section of 0.5 oz builder gels in glitter ice, glitter chiffon, purple royale etc etc and NATURAL.
So why it's in with the special effect builder gels I don't know, but if you have the Nail Book that's where you'll find it :) I'll just go and check Ellisons now to see if it's the same thing...
BTW, it's £15.00 a pot ex VAT, so 75p cheaper than the other builder gels - no idea why!!!
Lol xx

bimbogeri said:
Think I may have discovered the reason - do you have the Beauty Express Nail Book at all?
Well they have TWO sections for builder gels on the IBD page (p42). One with the usual clear, pink, white, and ultra white, and another section of 0.5 oz builder gels in glitter ice, glitter chiffon, purple royale etc etc and NATURAL.
So why it's in with the special effect builder gels I don't know, but if you have the Nail Book that's where you'll find it :) I'll just go and check Ellisons now to see if it's the same thing...
BTW, it's £15.00 a pot ex VAT, so 75p cheaper than the other builder gels - no idea why!!!
Lol xx

Your right there, just found it, stange way to group it though to me??

You guys are fab!!
Thanks, I went straight to my beauty express catalogue and there it was with all the glitter gels. I'm not convinced its actually a builder gel though because the rest listed beneath are all coloured gels (unless there is such a thing as an IBD coloured builder gel)
I might wait until I get to Excel and get some advice (I think IBD will be represented there)
Thanks!!

Hi Emma D,

I know i could sculpt using clear acrylic which would look good for people who dont like the bright white look. this can look so good it looks like a natural nail. I also use clear acrylic when doing sculpted glitter nails!

By way of an update to this.......

Got hold of the natural builder gel, havent tried it yet but glad I've found it anyway. I tried the normal white (not ultra white) which worked out great for sculpting too especially if its a one off nail and/or the clients nat nails are fairly white. Looks as natural as a regular blended tip anyway.

The other gels often listed with natural including glitter gels are builder gels. I've bought a couple, one purple and one red to see how I get on doing glitter tips with them. Hopefully it will save me mixing glitter in with clear builder and give me a denser look to the tip. Again yet to try it but I'll keep you posted.

Latest posts

Back