Sculpting forms...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

louise

Dizzy geek
Reaction score
Hi all,

Last night I attempted to sculpt acrylic nails on myself!!! Why!?! Well i ave not done these for months have been tending to do tips with acrylic overlay,anyhow they turned out ok. But I have realised I am not yet ready to offer this service to paying customers without a little more practise!!

Onto the main question, what forms do you fellow geeks use?

I used horseshoe shapedjust your bog standard ones really,wondering what your personal preferences are?

Thanks

Louise x

hiya.... sculpts on your self.....i am impressed....lol xx

I just got some acra-c nail forms...(from designer nails but think all gone now) and i had a go last week....brill....there is a thread about them on here....I think it starts with "here's on for Geeg"

They give a great curve and real easy to fit....i have heard the horse shoe forms are difficult to fit....the ones from Creative are a nice shape and fit nice round the finger...i used them b4 i got the acra-c and i will still use them cos i dont think the acra c will be good for every nail size.

HTH....cant u do a picture for us....? xxxxxxx

HTH....cant u do a picture for us....? xxxxxxx[/QUOTE said:
Hi Angie,

I don't think i would likt to embarass myself by adding a picture!!! lol !!!

I think I will be either painting them or removing them asap & practising again!!!

Love Louise x

I've used the rectangle shape ones and found them better than the horshoe ones, which I could not get on with at all. Just ordered some of the clear performance forms for gels and they are really good.

Forget the horseshoe forms because they are just awful :mad: to use.
I would either use creative or ez-flow ones to get the best results.
JMO

It's hard to do them on yourself, I think mine look really bad, but they don't look so bad when I do other people's nails.

I actually don't mind the horseshoe forms - I think the other ones are too sticky!

linzi said:
I actually don't mind the horseshoe forms - I think the other ones are too sticky!

A little tip I was taught with the Creative Forms was to put on the back of your hand and then pull off....makes them less sticky and therefore easier to work with!!!! (Not as bad as pulling a plaster off.....honest!!!!)

HTH XX

:)

CND Clear Performance Forms.........
Hold shape - Cures evenly[ GEL ]. Disposable.

OPI Teflon Coated.....
Brill when you are first starting to Scuplt....... Reusable.Easy Maitianence.
Have n't used them with the Brisa Gel.
Clear Tips or Forms work best with Gel any system

hTh
XX J XX

i use ezflow perfect c curve forms
they come in 2 types so they will fit different nail types better (like different tip styles i guess)
they have great support to them and have a nice shape to them creating a great c curve and arent too big to get in the way when holding the clients fingers
in the past ive used :
the ol' horse shoe forms ..... no support there at all.... i dunno how i coped!!
retangle.... mmmm.... they had more support but werent quite rite
cnd performance forms.... they are okay better than the latter 2 they had more support and a better fit but i found them kinda chunky

i sculpt all the time and i dont think i could ever go back to the forms i used to use

Jess
xox

i use Young Nails heavenly forms. They are so easy to use, i do sculpting on myself and clients, work perfectly everytime!

sara x

louise said:
But I have realised I am not yet ready to offer this service to paying customers without a little more practise!!

Onto the main question, what forms do you fellow geeks use?

Which ever form you decide to use (horse shoe forms make for wide unattractive sculpts), and you always need more than one type, here is a tip for getting lots of sculpting practice before you add this to your service menu.

EVERY REPAIR YOU DO, SCULPT IT. This way, you are only having to do one at a time (no pressure) and you can challenge yourself to make each one match the other nails of the client. When you ahve done loads of these, you are ready to go. Good luck.

geeg said:
Which ever form you decide to use (horse shoe forms make for wide unattractive sculpts), and you always need more than one type, here is a tip for getting lots of sculpting practice before you add this to your service menu.

EVERY REPAIR YOU DO, SCULPT IT. This way, you are only having to do one at a time (no pressure) and you can challenge yourself to make each one match the other nails of the client. When you ahve done loads of these, you are ready to go. Good luck.

I couldn't agree more....doing this is what made me love sculpting...it was so much quicker and i felt a real sense of achievement cos i had created the whole nails myself. I used sculpts for chips and repair's for a while then got hooked...have now done 4 full sets of sculpts and each time they are getting better.

Me Too!

Ease yourself in gently with the repairs and you'll soon be hooked. I'm sporting clear sculpts with holograms at the smile line - I'm in heaven now I sculpt on myself as I hate blending.

Enjoy

Latest posts

Back