Sculpting: what powder for a natural look??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud

Reaction score
I have a few clients who want their enhancements to look as natural as possible, and wondered if you could all advise your faves for creating a natural look please?

Also... if sculpting to repair just one breakage, and the client doesn't want p&w, what would you use? If I'm polishing over and the client always wears polish, then at the mo, I'm just using p&w / clear / whatever! But if they want the repair to match the look of their own nails, then what's the best solution?

Fank-you!!!!

x

This is a difficult one as everyone's natural nail free edge are a different colour.

When sculpting for a natural look I mix Soft white and Natural in a 2:3 ratio and this gives a natural look but opague enough with the addition of the soft white. I tried it with just natural but it was too transparent for my taste.

I also have this problem but with gels. any ideas

mamma said:
I also have this problem but with gels. any ideas

have you tried Ruth's Brisa Mix....its the pink gel with a bit of paint on white mixed in...i love it and use it all the time now....it's brill for nail biters as it covers the smile line. I know its not going to match everyones skin colour but it does look pretty on most. xxxx

Hi Angie,

is this look OK for the free edge or would it be too pinky. i could imagine it would be great for hiding flaws on in the nail plate though.

mamma said:
Hi Angie,

is this look OK for the free edge or would it be too pinky. i could imagine it would be great for hiding flaws on in the nail plate though.

Doh !!!!!! having a blonde moment.... i was taking about the nail bed not free edge... soz xx

If clients want a natural finish i use natural tips, then the normal Brisa pink over the whole nail...it gives a great natural finish and the tip is not pink...or just the clear gel. I know what you mean though we need more shades..coming soon i hear.... have you tryed the soft white from Brisa...? i was gonna get some. xxxx

naturalnails said:
This is a difficult one as everyone's natural nail free edge are a different colour.

When sculpting for a natural look I mix Soft white and Natural in a 2:3 ratio and this gives a natural look but opague enough with the addition of the soft white. I tried it with just natural but it was too transparent for my taste.

thanks fiona - i've experiemented abit with both these colours, but never mixed powders together before! Do you literally mix the powders up in a seperate pot beforehand?

that sounds like a really stoopid question doesn't it!

That is exactly what you do Laura - get a spare pot and mix the two together and make sure you give it a good shake before each time you use it. With the lid on of course LOL.

thank-yoooooo!

will experiment tomorrow! x

hi, Angie

didn't know they did a soft white. Is this the sculpting gel or paint on?

Another question, If using tips for a natural look, how do you disguise it as it grows out at the smile. would this be noticable or not?

NailStyle said:
Doh !!!!!! having a blonde moment.... i was taking about the nail bed not free edge... soz xx

If clients want a natural finish i use natural tips, then the normal Brisa pink over the whole nail...it gives a great natural finish and the tip is not pink...or just the clear gel. I know what you mean though we need more shades..coming soon i hear.... have you tryed the soft white from Brisa...? i was gonna get some. xxxx

its a sculpting gel and i think its only available in the bigger pots (dont quote me on that though) as for the natural tips...i used those with the normal pink gel over the whole nails on a client and they grew out lovely...she is now onto her natural nails so just has overlay....xxx

Latest posts

Back