Second job

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lisa32

Reaction score
Hi all, I currently work 4 days a week for the nhs and do my Beauty therapy therapy every evening till about 9/10pm . My day job requires me to be flexible so I can't advertise being open for treatments on my day off due to the needs of the nhs job :-( I really want to push my business now so feel I need to leave my current day job and find something else that I could do 2/3 days a week with set days that would leave me free to do my Beauty the other days - any ideas what 2ND job I could do that would work well around being self employed??xx

Retail is your best bet I work in retail my contract is over the weekend, which frees me up to do my one day doing nails in a salon and 3 days studying at college in Hair dressing. the best thing about it is any free time I get from college as me classes are mornings only I can work in the afternoon for more money.

I've worked a fair few retail jobs and I wouldn't recommend it. There is a breathtaking lack of respect for staff in many shops, Its not the individual incidents that really got to me (and there were a some bad ones) but the constant impression that I was under suspicion of something.

I also found shift patterns in retail are unpredictable/change at short notice and as the newest staff member you will be expected to pick up the days no one else wants.

What transferable skills do you have? I would go on jobs boards and do some searches for part time jobs in your expected salary range. Even if you don't find the right thing straight away it will give you an idea of the kind of jobs that are out there, maybe give you some ideas.

I can work in the afternoon for more money.

Latest posts

Back