Sections for nano rings

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmLou3003

Reaction score
I am tonight doing my first nano ring extensions. I am quite nervous because obviously I want them to look good. I did my training at the beginning of the month and have been practising on my head which was supplied but obviously there is more hair on an actual persons head. I feel like I am a little rusty since training, and am nervous about which sections to take. From what I can remember in training I:-

• Start from the bottom by placing two fingers together long the bottom hair line (nape of the neck) so that when the hair is up you cannot see the nano rings at the bottom. Also keep two fingers space away from the sides of the hairline.

• For the rows above the bottom place them about half a cm above

What I cannot quite remember is when I have done a row above the ears, do the rows then become slanted from the front of the head towards the crown so the hair is shaped more around the face?

Any advice appreciated!

I am tonight doing my first nano ring extensions. I am quite nervous because obviously I want them to look good. I did my training at the beginning of the month and have been practising on my head which was supplied but obviously there is more hair on an actual persons head. I feel like I am a little rusty since training, and am nervous about which sections to take. From what I can remember in training I:-

• Start from the bottom by placing two fingers together long the bottom hair line (nape of the neck) so that when the hair is up you cannot see the nano rings at the bottom. Also keep two fingers space away from the sides of the hairline.

• For the rows above the bottom place them about half a cm above

What I cannot quite remember is when I have done a row above the ears, do the rows then become slanted from the front of the head towards the crown so the hair is shaped more around the face?

Any advice appreciated!

Hi, personally I would not angle the front section too much as the Nanos will not lie flat as the hair grows. Do you not have any notes from your course? The main criteria is to pull enough hair through to support the weight of the extensions you are installing, otherwise you could end up with damage due to tension issues. Also, the silicone lined Nanos in my opinion are better as non lined can have sharp edges and cut through the hair if clamped too tight! Placement is also done visually but this will come with practice. Keep your sectioning clean and check there are no crossed hairs on your sections. Hth x

Latest posts

Back