Self employed help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eloise

Reaction score
Iv just became self employed after completing my level 3 but I'm not sure what a good percentage rate is, at the moment my colour prices are 20% off for a while so my employer said while that is cheaper it'll be 40 to me and 60 to the salon then when my prices are full price it'll go up to 50/50 does that sound ok? They pay for all products and any training I want to go on, we are a village salon but are very busy most of the time.

Iv just became self employed after completing my level 3 ...... so my employer said ...

If you're self employed, she's not your employer, just your landlord.
You need to start thinking about it from the point of view of a business owner and not an employee so it's up to you to negotiate the best deal FOR YOUR BUSINESS.
I only put that in caps because when you're setting your prices, working out your tax bill, paying your car insurance, thinking about advertising, you need to do all of it from the perspective of being a small business owner.

However, it doesn't sound a bad deal if she's supplying the products. :)

Ok thankyou for your reply I just wasn't sure what was a good or bad rate :D

I change 30% to me (salon owner) 60% to the self employed hairdresser although that's the norm in my area I think 40/60 and even 50/50 is pretty normal. I only supply shampoos. The girls get all their own bits

I change 30% to me (salon owner) 60% to the self employed hairdresser although that's the norm in my area I think 40/60 and even 50/50 is pretty normal. I only supply shampoos. The girls get all their own bits

Did you mean to say split 30% to you and 70% to the hairdresser?

Yep lol

Latest posts

Back