self employed nail tech?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemma0408

Reaction score
Hi,

What should a nail tech with lots of clients do? Go self employed and recieve 60/40 of the profit or 50/50? Should the owner of the salon pay for the stock/equiptment to? xx

Advice would be very helpful thank you :)

Hi Your offer is better than the one I got yesterday. the owner want £100 per week rent and 30% off takens, and I have to buy all my stock... Look around there is many nail geeks on here that on pay around £50 per to rent space and the rest is theres.... good luck xx

Hi Your offer is better than the one I got yesterday. the owner want £100 per week rent and 30% off takens, and I have to buy all my stock... Look around there is many nail geeks on here that on pay around £50 per to rent space and the rest is theres.... good luck xx

OMG i hope you told her where to go? xxx

Yes I sure did. It would be worth me working.. Just stay mobile until I find something reasonable... But I hate being mobile, I like when my clients come to my house for treatments... good luck with you too... xx

Yes I sure did. It would be worth me working.. Just stay mobile until I find something reasonable... But I hate being mobile, I like when my clients come to my house for treatments... good luck with you too... xx

Good for you! If you can work in a salon and build your clients up that would be great for you and your client base however don't get ripped off xxxx

IMHO, 25% of your takings and you paying for your own products/stock is a good proposition

Hi Hun,
I agree offer 25% and you buy all your own stock.
I start on wednesday this week, I have 4 sets already booked in, I am on £50 per week rent.....now if I was on % I would only be paying £20.
But I am sure to get more than 4 sets, but you never know when you will get a quiet week..........can't ever be sure what is best until you get going !!!!!!
I am only doing 3 days to start with, build up the client base, and can still go mobile with my tanning if I want to.
Good luck with what ever you choose.
Lotsa luv x x x :hug: x x x

I totally agree Poshfloss.

I am starting selfemployed tomorrow renting a space out in a hair salon, I have arranged with the owner to go 25% for the first 2 months then once I see where I am whether Im stacked out or not always busy we are going to discuss a fixed rent or keep at a %.

I buy all my products, equipment, table etc.

I am working 5 days a week with 2 late nights, and have around 10 clients which is not alot at all but Im expecting it to be quiet for a few weeks, while Im quiet Im going to be out on the street giving out flyers and posting them thru doors!

Good luck for when you finally get a good deal!!

Tasha :)

You will be taking a good reputation and a healthy client base to the salon and if I were you I wouldn't give more than 20-25%. Good luck! x

Latest posts

Back